cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 8 bit Parallel Camera to 20 Bit CSI mapping

Jump to solution
DavidLundquist
Contributor I

Hopefully a simple question, but I can't seem to find a concise answer.  Simply put, when mapping an 8 bit parallel gray scale sensor to the 20 bit parallel CSI port, what are the mapping options.  I see the SDB board uses the top 8 bits (D12:D19) of the CSI port.  I recall reading somewhere that the next 8 bits down (D4:D11) are also supported.  I think I've also seen the low 8 bits used.

I just want to capture a byte oriented frame buffer without any overhead so I want to be sure I pick a mapping that doesn't force me to capture 16 or 32 bit words.     I assume whatever mapping restrictions there are they are the same for all i.MX6?

Thanks,

Dave

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David

only supported formats are given in

Table 66. Camera Input Signal Cross Reference, Format, and Bits Per Cycle

IMX6DQCEC

From sect.37.4.3.2.1 Parallel Interface IMX6DQRM :

"..according to configuration of DATA_WIDTH. If DATA_WIDTH is configured to N,

then 20-N LSB bits are ignored."

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David

only supported formats are given in

Table 66. Camera Input Signal Cross Reference, Format, and Bits Per Cycle

IMX6DQCEC

From sect.37.4.3.2.1 Parallel Interface IMX6DQRM :

"..according to configuration of DATA_WIDTH. If DATA_WIDTH is configured to N,

then 20-N LSB bits are ignored."

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos