cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX53 - Video streaming over network

GopiNagaBharath
Contributor IV

Hello,

I have tried looking if there are any details on how the video streaming can be done over HTTP on the i.MX53 Linux platform (not using Gstreamer), but found not much useful links.

The camera is interfaced to i.MX53 QSB and the video frames are encoded with the use of VPU. Currently the frames are getting recorded to the a file on the flash drive, but I would like the encoded frames to sent over the HTTP network. 

The current implementation of video frame encoding & recording is done using the Linux v4L2, IPU & VPU libs, in c-language.

Please let me know if anyone has tried and were successful in video streaming over network, on the i.MX53 platform running Linux.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Gopi Naga Bharath 

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

GopiNagaBharath
Contributor IV

Hello Victor,

Thanks for the suggestion and I have already come across Gstreamer and used it earlier. 

However, we have switched to our own implementation using the mxc_ipu & mxc_vpu libraries. The imx-test codes were very much helpful for the same as reference. Currently I am able to perform the video preview on LCD & encoding with H.264, from the external camera. 

In the same path, I would like to integrate the capability to transmit the video frames over network without using Gstreamer. 

With regards to the Gstreamer, can you please let me know if the below mentioned is possible? 

Currently we are recording the encoded videos to the on board memory, is it possible to transmit the same video frames over the network using UDP?

Regards,

Gopi Naga Bharath 

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Our official suggestion for network video streaming is GStreamer:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-97781

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos