Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX28 bootlets with Yocto project

Jump to solution
cvg_sa
Contributor II

Hi,

We are building Yocto images for use with the i.MX28 EVK and a custom board based on it. The custom board is having some trouble booting from the images, and we suspect we may need to modify the bootlets, but we cannot locate those in the Yocto sources.

I did some searching and found that there was a recipe for imx-bootlets in the meta-fsl-arm layer, but it seems to no longer exist in the meta-freescale layer that is now current. Has this recipe been renamed or incorporated into something else? Is it now obsolete for some reason?

If anyone could point us in the right direction, we'd appreciate it very much. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
cvg_sa
Contributor II

Hi again,

We were eventually able to get our custom board to boot by making modifications to the u-boot-fslc source. It seems that the functionality provided by the bootlets is now integrated into that project.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nxf63675
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cvg_sa ,

Unfortunate in the newest releases for the BSP we do not have bootlets, years ago we used to use a different tool than yocto, and that still support the layer that you are asking for, If i am not wrong the version of that is the Linux 2.6.35 BSP link below:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/license.jsp?colCode=L2.6.35_1.1.0_ER_SOURCE&appType=file1&DO...

But this not supported from our part anymore because is pretty old.

But if you still want to work with Yocto on your project you can use the BSP from the community, they have the newer versions and work with yocto but also this is not supported from our part, this is from the community, link below:

https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform

Hope this help you.

Regards,

Israel H.

0 Kudos
cvg_sa
Contributor II

Hi Israel,

Is there something else replacing the functionality of the bootlets in the newer releases? I ask because our Yocto images do boot successfully on the i.MX28 EVK, so we now know that the bootlets must not be necessary to boot.

Our issue is that the custom board based on the EVK (which is also several years old) required a patch from NXP because it uses only the 5V power supply. That was a patch to the bootlets, so we are trying to determine how we can get the new images working on that board.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
cvg_sa
Contributor II

Hi again,

We were eventually able to get our custom board to boot by making modifications to the u-boot-fslc source. It seems that the functionality provided by the bootlets is now integrated into that project.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos