i.MX MSD Device storage APIs to access file stored on the SDCard.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX MSD Device storage APIs to access file stored on the SDCard.

threeboystech
Contributor II

I am using an IMXRT1020-EVK board running SDK example code: evkmimxrt1020_dev_msc_disk_freertos

I have a 32GB SDCard plugged into my EVK board.

I can start the example application and my Windows11 computer detects the FLASH drive being present as expected.  I can then perform normal file transfer to/from the new drive and the files moved are stored on my SDCard as expected.

The provided readme.txt file provided in the SDK example code indicate the following document:

<MCUXpresso_SDK_Install>/boards/<board>/usb_examples/usb_device_msc_sdcard_lite/<rtos>/readme.pdf.

but this document is not present.  Nor is any other document in the indicated path.

Can someone point me to a link that describe the needed APIs that my f/w application can use to access these files that are on the SDCard?

Thanks

Terry

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

threeboystech
Contributor II

Thanks. I was able to find this file now.  It's too bad that it's not providing the details of the files added to the flash drive.

After I'm able to copy/write/edit files on the "new flash drive" on computer, I would like to be able to access these files via my RT1021 f/w.  How do I gain the needed details of the files that have been added to the "flash drive".

Thanks.

0 Kudos

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @threeboystech,

I believe the path described on readme.txt might be outdated. Here is the path where I found the readme.pdf file you look for:

C:\Users\<user>\mcuxpresso\02\SDKPackages\SDK_2_12_0_EVK-MIMXRT1020.zip\boards\evkmimxrt1020\usb_examples\usb_device_msc_disk\freertos\readme.pdf

This of course is based on the default installation location for the SDK. In reality, you can access the path from wherever the SDK archive is located, you just require to open the zip file:

SDK_2_12_0_EVK-MIMXRT1020.zip\boards\evkmimxrt1020\usb_examples\usb_device_msc_disk\freertos\readme.pdf

BR,
Edwin

0 Kudos