i.MX 8QuadMax image rotation using Blitter engine

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 8QuadMax image rotation using Blitter engine

atlex92
Contributor I

Hi everyone. Currently I'm working with MIMX8QM6 and use Blitter engine for 2D acceleration. So far drawing rectangles, images are done with 2d acceleration using blitter. SDK Release Version: 2.9.0

It is also mentioned in datasheet, that image rotation by any angle is also possible within Blitter. But so far I haven't found any examples, nor APIs in SDK about rotation. And it is not clear how exactly Blitter should be set up for this. I've noticed that there is warp module, but again I'm stuck with it's configuration so far.

Could you help me or provide any examples of how it can be done? Ant refferences I will be happy

0 Kudos
2 Replies

atlex92
Contributor I

Hi @Bio_TICFSL . Thanks for the reply. But it seems to be a bit out of topic.

So what I'm asking for is something about image rotataion by any angle using Blitter engine with hardware 2d acceleration. Preferable with C/C++ SDK API's. So far I have working code for alpha-blending with multiple framebuffers using Blitter, image rendering too, but I can't find any referencies for image rotation.

Linux level drivers/API's are also good, if there are no such in C/C++ SDK

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Don't have an specific blitter document but you can add blitter with our current Linux BSP. This functionality is only supported using the GAL2D blitter, in order to enable a multiple
desktop approach, you need to pass the following parameters to your weston command:
• /etc/init.d/weston stop
• echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb4/blank
• weston --tty=1 --use-gal2d=1 --use-gl=0 --device=/dev/fb0,/dev/fb4 &

With this, 2 contiguous surfaces will be created, and the gal2d compositor will output the 2
main buffers to their respective display. And when a surface is shared between the 2
displays, the compositor will divide it so a fragment of each screen is shown on each
buffer.

Regards

0 Kudos