cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 35

amolkulkarni
Contributor I

Hi,

We are using i.MX35 processor and our product is in market.

We were using LTIB with linux kernel version 2.6.31 and are having some issues in USB drivers.

So we asked for support and support replied back saying to move to latest kernel and also said freescale is not going to support ltib any more , So, now we are planning to upgrade to latest kernel version.

Still freescale has same ltib what we used as part of SDK. So let us know were we can find the latest linux and also the build tool chain for i.MX35 processor.

Yocto is we can think of but still don't have much details.

Regards

Amol

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The recent FSL / NXP Linux BSP for i.MX35 is L2.6.31. Please refer to documentation link below.

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_SOURCE&appType=license&location=nul...

Nevertheless, the i.MX35 was supported in mainline Linux :

HOWTO Custom board support (based on MX35 3DS) 

Also Community Yocto supports i.MX35

FSL Community BSP Release Notes 1.8 documentation

https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/community 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

amolkulkarni
Contributor I

Hi,

Still do you support linux 2.6.31?

link provided for you has kernel 2.6.31

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L2.6.31_09.12.01_SDK_SOURCE&appType=license&location=nul...

if you still support this then we need your help in resolving the USB issue.

Thanks

Amol

0 Kudos

amolkulkarni
Contributor I

Hi,

Here is my problem.

I am using imx35 with ltib linux 2.6.31.

I am using the OTG in the device mode and configured the device using gadgetfs, connected to linux ubuntu host

USB device configurations:

wMaxpacketsize is 64 bytes.

I am issuing the gadgetfs read with buffer length of 1024 and writing 511 bytes from ubuntu, gadgetfs unblocks immediately and read returns 511 bytes.

but when i send 512 bytes of data from ubuntu gadgetfs does not unblock or read the the data sent from host until another 512 bytes are sent from host that is till read buffer (1024) gets full.

I tried the sending 64 bytes of data from ubuntu, and gadgetfs does not read until 1024 buffer is full that is i have to send 64 bytes of data 16 times.

but when i send 63  bytes of data, gadgetfs reads 63 bytes immediately. And when i send 65  bytes of data, gadgetfs reads 65 bytes immediately.

Please help us understand why this is happening.

Thanks in advance for help.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I think it would be better to cretae separate thread in Community about the issue.

(Because of holiday it will be considered later)

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos