cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to start with imx28 with linux board support packages

mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi all,

I am very new to imx28 platform.Can anybody share how to start download the source code with the latest kernels like 3.10, 3.11 etc

Thanks and regards,

Mutyalarao

Labels (2)
5 Replies

mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi Jaime,

I followed all the steps to download the source code for imx28, but after completing all the steps it checked in kernel version 2.6.35.

Is there support for imx28 with 3.10??

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately, the only version available it is the 2.6.35 as you can see in the release notes of the   Community BSP

FSL Community BSP Release Notes 1.8 documentation

0 Kudos

mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi,

I got the bsp with kernel 2.6.35 for imx28.So as i need the greatest kernel went for main line kernel downloading.I got kernel and packages with 3.14.I made some changes to the .conf file in the kernel and tried to compile with the following commands.

1)bitbake -c compile -f linux-imx

But it is trying to compile 2.6.35 kernel and populating some errors.I cross compiled the kernel with my tool chain and got the uImage with latest timestamp.Previously i used to flash .sdcard image into the sdcard.Can you share the flashing procedure information without the .sdcard file.

I downloaded the bsp for IMX28 platform by following the steps below.

CAN ANYBODY SHARE THE INFORMATION OF BOARD BRING UP PROCEDURE AND FLASHING PROCEDURE FROM SDCARD,USB WITH 3.X.XX kernel for imx28.

Thanks and reagrds,

mutyala rao.

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mutyalarao

We use Yocto as the tool to build your  Linux BSP for the i.MX products. The following links show you what you need to have install in your Linux Host Machine to start using Yocto.

Yocto Training - HOME

Freescale Yocto Project main page

We offer two different flavors of BSP,

A) Community BSP,. IT is the most new version of the BSP for your platform and it is completly supported by the community.

FSL Community BSP

B) Freescale Official BSP.  In this case the image it is static usually we have a old version of Linux Kernel

i.MX28 Evaluation Kit|Freescale

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your reply and it very helpful to me.The things what you shared to me is with imx6 examples. Can i follow the same procedure for imx28.

Thanks and regards,

Mutyala rao.

0 Kudos