how to i.MX6Q Lite u-boot configure problem?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to i.MX6Q Lite u-boot configure problem?

Jump to solution
namc
Contributor III

hello everyone.

I use OS the Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and i.MX6QLite and I studying website

Build Linux System for IMX6Q Sabre Lite - Linuxpedia

When I typing this sentence

blah blah blah...

make arm=ARM CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- mx6qsabrelite

appear error.

Error message is

'make: *** No rule to make target `mx6q_sabre_lite'.  Stop.'

So I used

$ make mrproper and  $ make menucinfig

Nevertheless not solve this error

(Path is /home/linux)

How to solve this error?

kong king

Labels (2)
1 Solution
repoman
Contributor III

Kong,

What is the path to your arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc ?  I typically place it into /opt on my host machine for cross compiling U-boot and the Linux Kernel.   If you are using the Linaro toolchain then your path would be something like:

/opt/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.9-2014.09_linux/

If this is the case (or wherever you may have placed the toolchain), then you should try:

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=<full path to toolchain>/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf- mx6qsabrelite_defconfig

It may be that you only need mx6qsabrelite and can leave off the _defconfig but I am uncertain about this.  Alternatively you can use menuconfig to setup the Kernel/U-boot.

Basically, if you have not modified your host environment variable PATH to include the full path to the arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc binaries then you just need to declare the full path as the CROSS_COMPILE environment variable.  libstdc++.so and libstdc++.so.6 are found under <full path to toolchain>/lib directory

Let me know if this helps,

John

View solution in original post

7 Replies
repoman
Contributor III

I am hoping it is just a typo but it should be ARCH=arm, correct? 

namc
Contributor III

It would be very appreciated.

I try to this sentence..

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- distclean

arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

dirname: missing operand

Try 'dirname --help' for more information.

lite@ubuntu:~/u-boot$ make ARCH=ARM CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- distclean

CLEAN   scripts/basic

CLEAN   scripts/kconfig

CLEAN   include/config include/generated

lite@ubuntu:~/u-boot$

lite@ubuntu:~/u-boot$ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- mx6qsabrelite

HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep

HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o

SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c

SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.lex.c

SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.hash.c

HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o

HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/conf

scripts/kconfig/conf --silentoldconfig Kconfig

*** Configuration file ".config" not found!

*** Please run some configurator (e.g. "make oldconfig" or

*** "make menuconfig" or "make xconfig").

make[2]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 1

make[1]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 2

make: *** No rule to make target `mx6qsabrelite'.  Stop.

I don't understand. Sorry.

kong king.

0 Kudos
repoman
Contributor III

Kong,

What is the path to your arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc ?  I typically place it into /opt on my host machine for cross compiling U-boot and the Linux Kernel.   If you are using the Linaro toolchain then your path would be something like:

/opt/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.9-2014.09_linux/

If this is the case (or wherever you may have placed the toolchain), then you should try:

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=<full path to toolchain>/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf- mx6qsabrelite_defconfig

It may be that you only need mx6qsabrelite and can leave off the _defconfig but I am uncertain about this.  Alternatively you can use menuconfig to setup the Kernel/U-boot.

Basically, if you have not modified your host environment variable PATH to include the full path to the arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc binaries then you just need to declare the full path as the CROSS_COMPILE environment variable.  libstdc++.so and libstdc++.so.6 are found under <full path to toolchain>/lib directory

Let me know if this helps,

John

namc
Contributor III

I check the opt directory.

there were empty..:smileysilly:

So I've followed your advice.:smileyhappy:

The following results came out.

# configuration written to .config

Thank you for your help.:smileylaugh:

Can I ask one more?

I enter the following sentence

sudo apt-get install uboot-mkimage

...blah blah blah

However the following packages replace it:

u-boot-tools:i386 u-boot-tools

...blah blah blah

E: Unable to locate package uboot-i386

I do not understand.:smileyblush:

(I'm english Starter)

What do I need to install?

thank you.

0 Kudos
repoman
Contributor III

Kong,

If the configuration was written, that's okay.  But did U-Boot cross compile for you?  I am assuming it completed in success?  Try to build the entire thing like so:

[host command line]$ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- distclean

[host command line]$ make ARCH =arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- mx6qsabrelite_config

[host command line]$ make ARCH =arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-

If the last command doesn't execute and finish then I still think  you need to have the full path to the cross compiler you are using.  The menuconfig option is a way to go through and configure the u-boot through a selection menu.

==========

If sudo apt-get install uboot-mkimage isn't downloading: Have you run sudo apt-get update?  It may be that the package isn't found because you are pointed at a bad repository.

Alternatively, you can go to: Ubuntu – Details of package u-boot-tools in trusty  and download the i386 deb package yourself.  Then in the same directory where you downloaded the deb package you can run sudo apt-get install u-boot-tools_2013.10-3_i386.deb which will locally install the u-boot-tools in that deb package.  This will include mkimage.

Hope this helps,

John

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Can you try this:

make arm=ARM CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- mx6qsabrelite_defconfig

Regards,

Alejandro

namc
Contributor III

Oh, thank you very very much! thanks for answer!

Kong king

0 Kudos