how to dirctly intall ubuntu in a SD card to iMX6Q and then install qt?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to dirctly intall ubuntu in a SD card to iMX6Q and then install qt?

panpanli
Contributor II

I'm a fresh to linux and i.MX6,now I have ported xubuntu12_04-4 to iMX6Q in a 16G SD card using a tool called MX6Q-SABRE_AI_UBUNTU_1.1.1 which  do Self-Extracting Image File,the OS can start up,but the problem is when I check the SD card under linux,I can only see  one partition,and the whole space is about 3.6 G and the free space is about 1.6G , although the total space showed is still about 16G,it seems about 12G space is missing,why?since  I still need to install qt in ubuntu on i.MX6,so what should I do?shall I look for a new way to install ubuntu to i.MX6?what should I do to use get the full space of SD card so I can install some software?and I also have no ideas about how to install qt directly in i.MX6,just get qt-everywhere,untar,configure,make,make install? I am sorry for asking so many basic questions,but I really need helps,please help a fresh,thank you very much!!

Labels (2)
3 Replies

justin_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Panpan,

I think you can try to flash the image one by one and create the parition by yourself.

you can use this command to create your Linux partition:

sudo fdisk /dev/sdx.  you can find help from this command.

please reserve some space at the header of SD card to store u-boot and kernel.

Create a Ext4 partition to flash the ubuntu rootfs.

Burn image to SD card

# u-boot
  sudo dd if=u-boot.bin of=/dev/sdb bs=512 skip=2 seek=2 && sync && sync

# uImage
  sudo dd if=uImage of=/dev/sdb bs=512 seek=2048 && sync && sync

panpanli
Contributor II

thank you very much!jiang,I will try and do you know how to install qt in ubuntu of i.MX6Q?can I just use qt-everywhere?is there any specials?

justin_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, you can try install the qt packages which are for ubuntu verison.