how to boot from Hyper Flash by MIMXRT1050

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to boot from Hyper Flash by MIMXRT1050

prashanthchary
Contributor II

I have a MIMXRT1050-EVK board.I downloaded gpio example code and flash through IAR  having (MIMXRT1052xxxxx_sdram. icf ) file  using  I-Jet to EVK Board  keeping  SW7   off on on off, pins as shown in Data Sheet, and  flashing  successfully and the led blinking.

when I power off and power on the earlier code ( blink Led )  is not working.

1. Is that code is running from sram if so I want run the code from  hyper flash  how can I ..? ( The same code has to run even when I power off).

Tags (2)
6 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

by now there is no support to debug form hyper flash. Just free run.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi prashanth,

Attached you can find a document showing the steps to program Hyper flash.

Please note that it can require double-headed USB cable for higher current capability on some laptops. Lower current capability can cause incorrect power sequence (see requirement for power sequence in device datasheet) during RT power up and this can lead into the boot failure. Another option is to move J1 to 1-2 and supply power through the barrel connector instead.

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

prashanthchary
Contributor II

Dear Carlos_Musich,

1. As you said In the above mail I have gone through PDF file, I have following debug files in my Hello world program

1. sdram_debug   

2. flexspi_nor_debug

3. sdram_txt_debug

4. debug

there is no hyper_debug in above options.and I did't find  any MIMXRT1052xxx6A_hyper.icf  in the downloaded programs.

pastedImage_1.png

2. When I select  flexspi_nor_debug, It is showing following error.

" Verification Error  0x60002001 : mem = 0x80, file  = 0x00"

pastedImage_2.png

3, When I try modify icf file  with configurations as you said PDF file it is showing as above same error 

" Verification Error  0x60002001 : mem = 0x80, file  = 0x00"

Note : The following things are doing in below conditions

1. I flashing through I-Jet i-link Debugger.

2. Keeping SW7 switch as  0 11 0 ( off on on off) as said in Data sheet for ( Hyper Flash)

3. For time being I added those  0 ohm resistors at following loacations (R153, R154, R155, R156, R157, R158)

Please help me where I am doing mistake ASAP.

0 Kudos

bryancole-b4682
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi prashanthchary‌, the flexspi_nor_debug target is configured to link code to the FlexSPI region for Hyperflash (or QSPI) targets.

The issue you are seeing with Verify errors may be related to the Reset type used by the debugger. It seems you are using I-Jet. I would suggest modifying the Reset type in the debug options to "Core" type. Also, make sure the interface is set to SWD, not JTAG.

Project > Options > I-jet/JTAGjet > Setup

pastedImage_1.png

Project > Options > I-jet/JTAGjet > Interface

pastedImage_2.png

Currently, the hello_world project for IAR does not include the IVT, boot data needed to create a bootable image to run out of reset. You can use the drag/drop feature described in the HyperFlashprog_MXRT1050.pdf to create and program an image into the Hyperflash that will execute after a power off/on. (Just note, it's using the flexspi_nor_debug instead of the hyper_debug. It looks like that guide is out of date). Here is some additional information about the drag/drop:

i.MX RT1050 CMSIS-DAP drag-and-drop programming

Also, you will need to generate a .bin output from the compile step which can be specified in

Project > Options > Output Converter 

Check the "Generate additional Output"

Select "Raw Binary"

pastedImage_4.png

0 Kudos

2winkle
Contributor III

Hi Prashanth,

1. Make sure that you have downloaded the latest SDK available via Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder.

2. Also, it will be better if you don't connect those resistors. Those resistors are needed if you want to boot from the QSPI flash.

0 Kudos

setiawanwahyuwi
Contributor I

Hi, I have the same problem.

I want to debug from the Hyperflash.

I am using IAR EWARM 8.20.

I already downloaded the latest mimxrt1050 SDK, keeping SW7 switch on EVK board as  0 11 0 ( off on on off).

When I select  flexspi_nor_debug, before debugging start it creates following error:

" Verification Error at 0x60002001 : mem = 0x80, file  = 0x00"

" Download completed but verification failed." 

Please help

0 Kudos