cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gstreamer seeking

erickorozco
Contributor I

Hello, 

I'm currently using the gstreamer 0.10 plugins for the 3.0.35 OS version. I want to play just a part of a video i.e from second 10 to 20, which I do by using a gst_element_seek(). According to the gstreamer documentation, the demuxer is supposed to send an SEGMENT_DONE signal after the segment is done, however what is happening is that my video is starting at the tenth second and playing until the end. Can I play only a part of the video using aiurdemux?

I looked at the src code for the demuxer (deb-pkg_gstreamer-imx-0.10/aiurdemux.c at master · mxOBS/deb-pkg_gstreamer-imx-0.10 · GitHub ) and didn't found anything about a SEGMENT_DONE message.

Here is how I'm setting my seek: 

gst_element_seek( p->m_elements.pipeline,
                                GST_FORMAT_TIME,
                                (GstSeekFlags)(GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH | GST_SEEK_FLAG_SEGMENT),
                                GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET,
                                GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET,    
                                20);     

Thank you, 

Erick. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jesus

gstreamer 0.10 is very old version and not more supported, recommended to

use gstreamer 1.0, its usage is described in Linux documentation found on

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/i.mx-developer-resources/i.mx-6ser...

gstreamer-imx issues can be posted on

Issues · Freescale/gstreamer-imx · GitHub 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

erickorozco
Contributor I

By the way, the version of the gstreamer plugins are: 3.0.8 

0 Kudos