Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gplay can play video file but no picture

Jump to solution
hankwang
Contributor IV

Hi,

We use gplay-1.0 to play video file(MP4), but we don't see any picture.

And the video timing is still playing. The demsg is not showed any errors.

Our platform is imx8mq, and the yocto version is 4.9.51.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello hank,

VPU video encoding only works on SoC with VPU encoder support. No VPU encoder is supported on i.MX 8QuadMax in this release:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=$FILE.mp4 typefind=true ! video/quicktime ! aiurdemux !
vpudec ! imxvideoconvert_ipu ! video/x-raw,format=NV12,width=1280,height=720 ! vpuenc_h263 !
matroskamux ! filesink location=$FILE.mkv

Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies
karangajjar
Senior Contributor II

Hi Hank Wang,

Have you follow the i.MX Linux® User's Guide, Rev. L4.9.51_imx8mq-ga and set the arguments for the display that you are using with imx8MQ? If yes, what argument have you set? If no, please verify once again after setting the arguments.

Regards,

Karan Gajjar

0 Kudos
hankwang
Contributor IV

Hi Karan gajjar, 

I have follow the document and try to send command "gst-launch-1.0 -v -m videotestsrc ! autovideosink" .

We can see the color bar. But we play our video file (.mp4) using gplay-1.0,  we still cannot see any pictures.

0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello hank,

VPU video encoding only works on SoC with VPU encoder support. No VPU encoder is supported on i.MX 8QuadMax in this release:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=$FILE.mp4 typefind=true ! video/quicktime ! aiurdemux !
vpudec ! imxvideoconvert_ipu ! video/x-raw,format=NV12,width=1280,height=720 ! vpuenc_h263 !
matroskamux ! filesink location=$FILE.mkv

Regards

hankwang
Contributor IV

Hi Bio_TICFSL,

Our processor is imx8mq that is supported VPU encoder. We try to enable the vpu function, and we can see the picture.

thanks for the information.

0 Kudos