cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fbCreateWindow API Issue

waynekuo
Contributor III

Hi Experts,

I'm facing a issue of fbCreateWindow API for OpenGL ES develop.

First, my panel resolution is 1920 * 1080, and when I draw a 3D model by OpenGL and rotate the model, the model will be deform. I think this issue is cause by my panel & display area is not a square, so I want to make display area to become a square (1080 * 1080) and put it in the middle of the screen.

According to i.MX Graph User Guide, seems fbCreateWindow API can help, if I want to modify display area (window) to a square. The API include display_type, x, y, width and height parameters.

I can use width and height parameter to modify my window size, but I can not use x and y to modify my window position. The window position is always on the top left of the panel even I add x, y value to this API, such as:
            device->window = fbCreateWindow(device->display_type, 420, 0, 1080, 1080);

Anyone has met this issue?

BR,
Wayne Kuo

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

sajjadahmed
Contributor II

I'm building with Linux 5.4 sources and this issue is still there, <fbCreateWindow> ignore the x,y offset.

0 Kudos

alex_stewart
Contributor I

For the record, I also have this problem: fbCreateWindow ignores its second and third arguments and always places the window in the top-left corner. I'm running Linux version 4.9.88-imx_4.9.88_2.0.0_ga+g5e23f9d61147 on an imx8mqevk board. With Linux version 3.14.28-1.0.0_ga+g91cf351 on an imx6qsabresd-based board, the call works fine: the window is positioned correctly.

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Wayne,

Which kernel are you using? I mentioned that because fbcreateWindow has an issue in previous kernel, juts puts in that way:

fbCreateWindow(device->display_type, 0, 0, 1080, 1080);

Or migrate to a new kernel 4.9.88 and see what happens.

Regards

0 Kudos

waynekuo
Contributor III

Hi Bio,

Thanks for your information. I will see if it is necessary to update to Kernel 4.9.88 for our application.

Best Regards,

Wayne Kuo

0 Kudos