error: no include path in which to search for dt-bindings/interrupt-controller/arm-gic.h

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error: no include path in which to search for dt-bindings/interrupt-controller/arm-gic.h

Jump to solution
Tooght
Contributor III

Hi, 

I am struggling with dts compilation, and when I try to compile dts file in ( this dts file path is "imx-yocto-bsp/maaxboard/build/tmp/work-shared/maaxboard-ddr4-2g-sdcard/kernel-source/arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale"), I get this error below:

/mnt/YOCTO/imx-yocto-bsp/maaxboard/build/tmp/hosttools/cpp -nostdinc -I include -undef -x assembler-with-cpp maaxboard-dcss-hdmi.dts > maaxboard-dcss-hdmi.tm3.dts
In file included from fsl-imx8mq.dtsi:16:0,
                 from maaxboard.dtsi:17,
                 from maaxboard-dcss-hdmi.dts:15:
fsl-imx8-ca53.dtsi:16:54: error: no include path in which to search for dt-bindings/interrupt-controller/arm-gic.h
 #include <dt-bindings/interrupt-controller/arm-gic.h>
                                                      ^
In file included from maaxboard.dtsi:17:0,
                 from maaxboard-dcss-hdmi.dts:15:
fsl-imx8mq.dtsi:17:44: error: no include path in which to search for dt-bindings/clock/imx8mq-clock.h
 #include <dt-bindings/clock/imx8mq-clock.h>
                                            ^
fsl-imx8mq.dtsi:18:35: error: no include path in which to search for dt-bindings/gpio/gpio.h
 #include <dt-bindings/gpio/gpio.h>
                                   ^
fsl-imx8mq.dtsi:19:37: error: no include path in which to search for dt-bindings/input/input.h
 #include <dt-bindings/input/input.h>
                                     ^
fsl-imx8mq.dtsi:20:54: error: no include path in which to search for dt-bindings/interrupt-controller/arm-gic.h
 #include <dt-bindings/interrupt-controller/arm-gic.h>
                                                      ^
fsl-imx8mq.dtsi:21:45: error: no include path in which to search for dt-bindings/pinctrl/pins-imx8mq.h
 #include <dt-bindings/pinctrl/pins-imx8mq.h>
                                             ^
fsl-imx8mq.dtsi:22:41: error: no include path in which to search for dt-bindings/thermal/thermal.h
 #include <dt-bindings/thermal/thermal.h>

the weird thing is that when I try to compile dts file in "imx-yocto-bsp/maaxboard/build/tmp/work/maaxboard_ddr4_2g_sdcard-poky-linux/u-boot-imx/2018.03-r0/git/arch/arm/dts", compiling is successful. there is no error. What are the differences between them, Do you have any idea about that? 

Thanks.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Tooght
Contributor III

I fixed the problem by creating symboling link of the "include file" into the imx-yocto-bsp/maaxboard/build/tmp/work-shared/maaxboard-ddr4-2g-sdcard/kernel-source/arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale

like this:

mkdir include

cd include

then

ln -s ../../../../../include/dt-bindings

thanks for your patient. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
asadsultanawan
Contributor I

I did the link procedure (checked and it is showing my link directory), but I am still getting the error: no such file or directory.

It is related to dt-bindings/bus/ti-sync.h

0 Kudos
asadsultanawan
Contributor I

Hi, I am trying to build it for TDA2x linux, I used the link procedure (checked and it is linked to the desired folder) but still I am getting the same error.

0 Kudos
Tooght
Contributor III

I fixed the problem by creating symboling link of the "include file" into the imx-yocto-bsp/maaxboard/build/tmp/work-shared/maaxboard-ddr4-2g-sdcard/kernel-source/arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale

like this:

mkdir include

cd include

then

ln -s ../../../../../include/dt-bindings

thanks for your patient. 

0 Kudos