cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emWin and FreeRTOS

Jump to solution
Gamka
Contributor III

I am using i.MX RT1064. I have taken emWin from what has been included in SDK_2.x_EVK-MIMXRT1064 version 2.8.0. When I am using FreeRTOS with multiple tasks (one taking care of touch, one emwin, one other sensors) with this environment, after calling GUIExec() (which returns just fine), it seems that another task does not get runtime anymore (it is waiting in xTaskNotifyWait). Otherwise I can see in the screen what I am supposed to, and changing emWin views works fine.

One thing I was wondering, is that the GUI_X_ExecIdle is never called, although according to emwin specification GUI_X_ExecIdle  is "Called when there are no longer any messages which require processing. In this case the GUI is up to date."

Does anyone have ideas on this issue? Should FreeRTOS and emWin work together in i.MX RT1064?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gamka
Contributor III

Hi!
 I was able to solve this issue, it was due to too small stack size.

Br, Gamka

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gamka
Contributor III

Hi!
 I was able to solve this issue, it was due to too small stack size.

Br, Gamka

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gamka:

Normally in a multiple tasks environment, the real time critical tasks will have the highest priorities. and the tasks which used for the user interface calling emWin functions, these tasks typically have low priorities in the system.

I would suggest you adjust the priorities of your system first.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos