cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dd: writing '/dev/mtd0': No space left on device

ricardamarzilll
Contributor I

Hi folks,

I have to update  an old u-boot version to 2013.4 (because of device tree support for linux 3.16.7) at embest MarSboard, i.MX6 DL. Flashing tool is MfGTool.

old U-boot: 174 KB

new U-boot: 271 KB

Currently I have faced following issue during writing u-boot to SPI-NOR flash:

Sent command:

<CMD type="push" body="$ dd if=$FILE of=/dev/mtd0 bs=512">write Emb u-boot loader to SPI-NOR</CMD>

Answer:

dd: writing '/dev/mtd0': No space left on device

257+0 records in

256+0 records out

262144 bytes (256.0KB) copied, 8.489485 seconds, 30.2KB/s

I wonder whether I have to change the parameter bs ...or to re-configure u-boot?

I would be grateful for any hints

Ricarda

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Have you tried to flash the memory from a  working Linux image? if it is possible to burn the memory then there might be an issue with the linux image mfgtool is using.

Which mftool are you using?

IMX_6DQ_MFG_TOOL : Tool and documentation for downloading OS images to the i.MX 6Quad and i.MX6Dual.

IMX_6_MFG_L3.10.17_1.0.0_TOOL : i.MX 6Family Manufacturing Toolkit for L3.10.17.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

ricardamarzilll
Contributor I

Hi,

I could flash  working Linux image v3.0.15 with Mfg Tool v1.6.2.050 ( windows) according to description MarS Board User Manual_V1.2.pdf. The u-boot sources are provided by embest.

Thanks for the hint to care about the MfG tool version. The linux version I have never tried ...

Additionally with respect to "262144 bytes (256.0KB) copied," I wonder whether I should re-configure the mtd partitions of SPI-NOR flash. I found the structure imx6_marsboard_spi_nor_partitions[]

in ../arch/arm/mach-mx6/board-mx6q_marsboard.c in Linux sources v3.0.15.

static struct mtd_partition imx6_marsboard_spi_nor_partitions[] = {

{

.name = "bootloader",

.offset = 0,

.size = 0x00040000,

},

But until now I have never found comparable struct in linux sources v3.16.7. Maybe different because of dtb support....

Best regards,

Ricarda

0 Kudos