capture the generic data from IPU-CSI use v4l2_capture driver?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capture the generic data from IPU-CSI use v4l2_capture driver?

wwfdzh2012
Contributor I

hello everyone.
I would like to get generic data from IPU-CSI Interface use v4l2_capture driver from no-standard image formate for example sensor or FPGA, and send the data to application space for computing.I refer to the document of I.MX6Q processor, the data flow should be:Sensor(FPGA)--->IPU-CSI--->SMFC(Sensor multi FIFO Ctrl)--->IDMAC(Image DMA Contriller)---->Memory, refer to the image below(red line):

飞鸽截图20170608201211.png

The driver only to capture the data,computing can work in application space,because I want to use openCL framework and neon  instruction set speed the computing, It running in kernel space looks inappropriate.

It seems that the soc_camera framework can not work in I.MX6Q processor on linux-3.14.52 kernel after I test. I don't know whether i config error.So I want to use v4l2_capture driver now, but, According to the driver source code It seems that can not support to capturing generic data.The driver source are located in drivers/media/platform/mxc/capture/mxc_v4l2_capture.c. So if I want to capture the generic data use ipu-csi from e.g. FPGA or other sensor, I should use mxc_v4l2_capture driver or soc_camera framework or write a no-stantard driver for me by myself?Thank you for your help first.

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

seems one will have to write a some kind no-stantard driver, as standard

uses color info. One can look at examples which may be useful

https://community.nxp.com/thread/302769

https://community.nxp.com/thread/320618

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

wwfdzh2012
Contributor I

thank you for your reply!I am sure that the V4L2 framework is not support generic data,but soc_camera framework support according to the source code.But is the default I.MX6Q filesystem support for soc_camera framwork?I use the linux-3.14.52 kernel?

0 Kudos