次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

boot OS into normal world

ソリューションへジャンプ
1,153件の閲覧回数
jackoneill
Contributor I

I’m currently experimenting with the TrustZone feature of the A8 of the imx53. My current goal is to just boot a OS into the normal world. For that purpose I modified u-boot such, that it executes a routine which grants the NW access to everything, meaning:

configuring the CSU:

- CSL0-31 to 0x00FF_00FF

- SA to 0x5555_5555 (0x1555_5555 is actually written)

configure the TZIC

- TZIC_INTSEC0-1 to 0xFFFF_FFFF

- TZIC_PRIORITY0-31 to 0x1F1F_1F1F

- TZIC_INTCTRL to 0x8001_0001

configure Nonsecure Access Control Register

- PLE=1 TL=1 CL=1 CP0-13=1 => 0x0007_3FFF (0x0007_0C00 is actually written)

configure Secure Configuration Register

- NS=1 IRQ=0 FIQ=0 EA=0 FW=1 AW=1 => 0x31

From what I can get out of the manuals (iMX53RM, IMX53SRM & A8 tech. man.) this should be sufficient to make the SW transparent to the NW. However, when u-boot inits the L2 cache the instruction „mcr 15, 1, r0, c9, c0, 2“ (Write L2 Cache Auxiliary Control Register) leads to a fault (not sure which, but when I halt the CPU via JTAG it is in ABORT mode).

So what am I missing during the configuration of the TZ elements?

ラベル(1)
タグ(4)
0 件の賞賛
1 解決策
657件の閲覧回数
matthewsealey
Contributor II

Hi Heinz,

You aren't missing anything. The L2 Auxiliary Control register is only writable in Secure state.

Cortex-A8 Technical Reference Manual: 3.2.55. c9, L2 Cache Auxiliary Control Register

This is also true (if you pick up an i.MX6) for the L2C-310 control registers, if anyone is interested.

CoreLink Level 2 Cache Controller L2C-310 Technical Reference Manual: 3.2. Register summary

In both cases, if you wish to dynamically enable or disable, or otherwise configure the L2, you should implement a small Secure-world OS which handles SMC calls to perform those operations. There's no standard for a cache interface, but ARM does provide some calling conventions for secure monitors and one for power management purposes which you'd be encouraged to follow (there is a good region for "OEM" (that's you) and "SiP" (that's Freescale) call numbers).

SMC Calling Convention

Power State Coordination Interface (PSCI)

Hope that answers your questions.

Matt

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
1 返信
658件の閲覧回数
matthewsealey
Contributor II

Hi Heinz,

You aren't missing anything. The L2 Auxiliary Control register is only writable in Secure state.

Cortex-A8 Technical Reference Manual: 3.2.55. c9, L2 Cache Auxiliary Control Register

This is also true (if you pick up an i.MX6) for the L2C-310 control registers, if anyone is interested.

CoreLink Level 2 Cache Controller L2C-310 Technical Reference Manual: 3.2. Register summary

In both cases, if you wish to dynamically enable or disable, or otherwise configure the L2, you should implement a small Secure-world OS which handles SMC calls to perform those operations. There's no standard for a cache interface, but ARM does provide some calling conventions for secure monitors and one for power management purposes which you'd be encouraged to follow (there is a good region for "OEM" (that's you) and "SiP" (that's Freescale) call numbers).

SMC Calling Convention

Power State Coordination Interface (PSCI)

Hope that answers your questions.

Matt

0 件の賞賛