Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autoconf and automake for gstreamer

Jump to solution
smspatrick
Contributor III

Hi there,

for a gstreamer plugin i need to include gles2.h and egl.h.

Since a long time the plugin compiled with ltib fine with the autoreconf output from the build machine.

The include of both was not an issue during compiling, but at runtime during the instanciation of the plugin the gles references are unknown. Main thougt is: includes are host-specific.

So I began to play around with the configure.ac. with the former version of configure.ac first i've got the m4 unknown-language problem, but after updating the autoconf and automake environment, i've had now an crosscompiling issue in the ltib shell.

So I added "cross_compiling = yes" to get rid of the ./a.out test and got my makefile . The configuration works, but the compiler called with libtool hangs:

/bin/bash --tag=CC --tag=disable-static  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/home/user/i.mx53/ltib/rootfs/usr/include/gstreamer-0.10 -I/home/user/i.mx53/ltib/rootfs/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/home/user/i.mx53/ltib/rootfs/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/home/user/i.mx53/ltib/rootfs/usr/include/libxml2   -Wall -g -O2 -Wall -MT libgstsmsplugin_la-gstsmsfilter.lo -o libgstsmsplugin_la-gstsmsfilter.lo `test -f 'gstsmsfilter.c' || echo './'`gstsmsfilter.c

System floods the memory and crashed.

so finally more than 3 days for nothing than include some binarys from /usr/include ??, that should be much easier.

I've attached the current configure.ac

So can someone tell me what I am missing or whats the point

Original Attachment has been moved to: configure.ac.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
smspatrick
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks Michael, jes, I've allready done it. But this wasn't the mistake. Need also to include the linker Flags -lGLES etc. I've put them in the configure.ac, what in my eyes isn't the best way for a Cross-Platform Gstreamer Plugin, but it works for the mx.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChucoChe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

so, have you tried including the GPU binaries?  amd-gpu-bin-mx51 in the package selecction section of ltib.

When including that package you'll have the headers installed in your rootfs under <ltib>/rootfs/usr/include/GLES2/gl2.h and <ltib>/rootfs/usr/include/GLES/egl.h

Michel

smspatrick
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks Michael, jes, I've allready done it. But this wasn't the mistake. Need also to include the linker Flags -lGLES etc. I've put them in the configure.ac, what in my eyes isn't the best way for a Cross-Platform Gstreamer Plugin, but it works for the mx.

0 Kudos
smspatrick
Contributor III

Sorry:

LTIB> automake --version

automake (GNU automake) 1.11.1

Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html>

This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.

There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Written by Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>

and Alexandre Duret-Lutz <adl@gnu.org>.

LTIB> autoconf --version

autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.63

Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later

<http://gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html>

This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.

There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

~/i.mx53/ltib$ ./ltib --version

ltib 9.1.1 ($Revision: 1.445.6.1 $)

Copyright (C) 2004-2006 Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.

This is free software; it is licensed under the terms of the

GNU General Public License, see 'COPYING' for the license.  There is NO

warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

0 Kudos