cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aplay: pcm_write:1940: write error: Input/output error

ngreen
Contributor II

Hi all,

We created a custom board using BSP porting from iMX6SL-EVK (with some changes, like pmic-pfuze3000, emmc etc.), using WM8962 Audio Codec, with Mono Speaker and Headphone Jack.

Originally the board was designed to use another codec, which we hadn't managed to create or find a Linux driver for it, so we made a patch to bridge between the new codec we are using (WM8962) to the footprint of the old codec.

The Codec is connected to i2c2 and ssi2 with audmux3 as pinctrl. The codec clock is IMX6SLCLK_EXREND_AUDIO (same as the EVK)

On i2c2 we also connected our parallel camera and fuel-gauge.

When we try to play .wav audio file we get:
aplay: pcm_write:1940: write error: Input/output error

When we check with oscilloscope we see that the MCLK only response at Linux startup and never again.

Thanks

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nadav

what bsp used in the case, wm8962 is supported in nxp linux releases, one can check

linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6sl-evk.dts

imx6sl-evk.dts\dts\boot\arm\arch - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

Driver description can be found in Chapter 28 Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) System
on a Chip (ASoC) Sound Driver attached Linux Manual.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos