cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6SX Ethernet and CAN not working after resume from suspend

Maddis
Contributor IV

Hi,

We have custom i.MX6SX based HW running Yocto 2.4 with Linux v4.1.44 (Linux-fslc-image_4.1-2.0.x-recipe).

I've been working to get suspend/resume working and it works now otherwise just fine, but after resume Ethernet and CAN do not work. You get them working if you bring interface down and back up with ifconfig - command, but I'd suspect they should work without needing to restart the interface after resume?

Also, when suspending while (actually while resuming) I get this printout to console:

fec 2188000.ethernet eth0: Graceful transmit stop did not complete!

If trying to access network without restarting it first I get these errors:

fec 2188000.ethernet eth0: MDIO read timeout
fec 2188000.ethernet eth0: MDIO write timeout

Earlier kernel's had suspend/resume - callbacks for drivers but they seemed to be have removed and I'm not 100% sure how they are now handled.

CAN refuses to work at all after resume if interface is not restarted without printing any errors either.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi maddie

one can test with unit tests "CAN driver suspend and resume "

doc\can\test - imx-test - i.MX Driver Test Application Software 

and NXP Demo images from

i.MX Software|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Maddis
Contributor IV

Problem is not that I cannot test the issue. I'm using second CAN device as well as CanAnalyzer and I can see that CAN is not working after resume unless I restart the CAN-interface by bringing it down and back up.

Same with the Ethernet.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

could you try to test with i.MX6SX Sabre SD reference board and Demo Images from

i.MX Software|NXP 

0 Kudos

Maddis
Contributor IV

I tried our i.MX6SX Sabre SD reference board with demo image from NXP website, but for whatever reason the board did not boot that image. It's been awhile since last time I used that board and it has some modifications to help our HW development so it is possible that HW is no longer working.

I wrote the .sdcard - image to SD-card and inserted it to SD4 - slot. I also checked DIP - switch settings and they are as document says they should be for SD4 - boot.

So in short atm. I cannot do tests on reference board.

0 Kudos