Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ai robot 8mp board with melodic 5.4.70-2.3.0 opencv issue

Jump to solution
fjpmbb_abc
Contributor I

@xiaodong_zhang 

Hi xiaodong

I am using ai robot 8mp board with melodic 5.4.70-2.3.0 with "uname -a" show the detailed kernel version
   Linux imx-robot-melodic 5.4.70-rt40-2.3.0+g4f2631b022d8 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 12 05:46:48 UTC 2021 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

a simple opencv code that record Logitech Webcam C525 from the USB interface input then display it. the board throw error as below,

root@imx-robot-melodic:~# ./videocapture 1 1280 720

opening /dev/video1[ WARN:0] OpenCV | GStreamer warning: Cannot query video position: status=0, value=-1, duration=-1

width:1280 height:720
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'cv::Exception'
  what():  OpenCV(3.4.13) /usr/src/debug/opencv/3.4.13-r0/git/modules/highgui/src/window.cpp:658: error: (-2:Unspecified error) The function is not implemented. Rebuild the library with Windows, GTK+ 2.x or Carbon support. If you are on Ubuntu or Debian, install libgtk2.0-dev and pkg-config, then re-run cmake or configure script in function 'cvShowImage'

Aborted

i checked the NXP community with above mentioned opencv issue, some threads say have to add libgtk2-0-dev to the CORE_IMAGE_INSTALL

but when i add CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "libgtk2-0-dev " in local.conf then bitbake the image,it says no unbuild-able dependency.
i also tried add
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "opencv libopencv-core-dev libopencv-highgui-dev libopencv-imgproc-dev libopencv-objdetect-dev libopencv-ml-dev "
but the opencv error still throw.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiaodong_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @fjpmbb_abc 

Please try DISTRO=imx-robot-xwayland

View solution in original post

2 Replies
xiaodong_zhang
NXP Employee