cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about non-branching problem from ROM code boot to u-boot image

donghyunkim
Contributor III

hi.

I downloaded the binary using uuu on i.MX6Solo's eMMC (dev:2). (This board is made by referring to PCB of I.MX6Q SabreSD.)

Then, The BOOT_CFG was changed to eMMC and booted, but, u-boot message was not printed on the terminal.

And, after a certain period of time, it changes to serial download mode.

BOOT_CFG was also set as eMMC, and the binary was downloaded to eMMC, but what is the cause of the phenomenon that does not boot from ROM BOOT to u-boot?

(The eMMC checked the normal boot at the prompt of u-boot in serial download mode and confirmed that u-boot with dump : Attached files are mmcblk3boot0 and mmcblk3boot1. mmcblk3 attached a file with only the front part dump.)

Please review.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

During use "uuu -b emmc files\u-boot-imx6solo.imx" to write u-boot to eMMC, debug UART will output booting logs on console. If you can see the logs, it means your DDR is no problem, the u-boot should noramlly boot your board.

But if you can't see logs on console during programming u-boot to eMMC, probably there still exist some issues with the u-boot.

Have a  nice day!

B.R,

weidong

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

if the PMIC+CPU+DDR+eMMC(sd) is the same as those of i.MX6Q SDB, you can use "uuu -b emmc u-boot-imx" to program images to board after compiling linux bsp of  i.MX6Q SabreSDB

Then try to boot it.

If u-boot can boot your board, please use imx6 / 7 ddr stress test tool to do calibration and stress test, then change ddr configurations according to prompt from calibration.

Then write u-boot to eMMC again....

have a nice day!

B.R,

weidong

0 Kudos

donghyunkim
Contributor III

hi, weidong.

There seems to be no problem with the DDR test.
I attached the log file.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

donghyunkim
Contributor III

hi, weidong

I tried "uuu -b emmc u-boot-imx" but it doesn't boot up.
u-boot has been written to eMMC.

C:\uuu>uuu -b emmc files\u-boot-imx6solo.imx
uuu (Universal Update Utility) for nxp imx chips -- libuuu_1.3.191-0-g4fe24b9

Success 1 Failure 0

3:96 7/ 7 [Done ] FB: Done

What are the cases where i can not jump from ROM boot to u-boot?

Thanks.

0 Kudos