Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZEPHYR MIMXRT1170 - CUSTOM BOARD

Jump to solution
illy777
Contributor II

Hello all, 

I'm currently working on integrating zephyr on our custom board. And i have got some questions regarding implementation.

First of all which examples would you recommend for getting into the implementation of the I2C bus? Does NXP have any examples? 

Second question would be: The devicetree is generated as I can see. Is there a way to get hands over the rt_cfg_utils.py script? As I would also like to use our .mex file to generate a devicetree.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @illy777 ,

Thank you for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

1.  When you generate the zephyr, you can check the samples, it should already have the I2C demo, eg:

kerryzhou_0-1702529465797.png

2. About the rt_cfg_utils.py script, you can search your zephyr project path, just to check, whether you can find this file or not.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
illy777
Contributor II

Hi @kerryzhou thx for reply!

Which commit are you using? Because the version I gotta use doesn't have the demo you're showing And also not the script...

Thx!

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @illy777 ,

The version I am using is really a little old, that is in 2021.

Now, which version you are using? Maybe I can find time to help you to check it with the zephr situation.

BTW, where you find the rt_cfg_utils.py name? As I also didn't find it.

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos
illy777
Contributor II

Hi @kerryzhou,

I'm using a specific commit with a patch that was introduced into the zephyr main branch, this is the commit with the hash: 883f604f, commit msg: soc: arm: nxp_imx: rt11xx: allow user to disable CONFIG_ADJUST_DCDC

The patch is a must for my board.

The file name rt_cfg_utils.py is mentioned in the device tree configuration:

illy777_0-1702639216378.png

Btw. the newest commit isn't working with the board configurations of the version that I mentioned...

Best regard, 

Isaac

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @illy777 ,

Thanks so much for your updated information.

So, even you use the NXP MIMXRT1170-EVK with the zephyr, also have this device tree mentioned rt_cfg_utils.py, right?

If yes, please tell me this device tree configuration file path after you generate it.

I will try it on my side.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @illy777 ,

Thank you for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

1.  When you generate the zephyr, you can check the samples, it should already have the I2C demo, eg:

kerryzhou_0-1702529465797.png

2. About the rt_cfg_utils.py script, you can search your zephyr project path, just to check, whether you can find this file or not.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos