cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto compilation

sergio_dorazio
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am using yocto project for compile my linux on IMX6ULL EVK.

I am starting from Image 'core-image-base' and I am adding some modules with command IMAGE_INSTALL_append =  "lighttpd curl libstdc++ bluez5" in local.conf file.
I build with bitbake command and I have a file system with new modules.

But when I run these mudules there are errors: some library file not found because the folder 'modules' in '~/imx-yocto-bsp/Linux-RCA2/tmp/deploy/images/imx6ull14x14evk'  is not update with new modules, infact the date of this folder is old.

What is the command for update this folder ?

By.

Sergio.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

sergio_dorazio
Contributor IV

Hi Romit,

thankyou for answer , but with your commands the forder

-  "~/imx-yocto-bsp/Linux-RCA2/tmp/deploy/images/imx6ull14x14evk/modules",

the files

-  "~/imx-yocto-bsp/Linux-RCA2/tmp/deploy/images/imx6ull14x14evk/modules--4.14.98-r0-imx6ull14x14evk-20190701130715.tgz"

and

-  "~/imx-yocto-bsp/Linux-RCA2/tmp/deploy/images/imx6ull14x14evk/modules--4.14.98-r0-imx6ull14x14evk-20190701130715.tgz"

are not update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems this files and folder are create only when install at first time yocto project !!!!

Have you other help for me ?

Sergio.

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sergio,

The cleanall command should clean up the entirety of the downloaded sources and compiled binaries, which would force everything to be build again.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

romitchatterjee
Contributor V

You can always brute force build everything by deleting the tmp/, cache/ and sstate-cache/ folders and rebuilding. Not a very good solution though, it builds everything from scratch again.

romitchatterjee
Contributor V

Try cleaning and rebuilding, and see if that helps:

bitbake -c clean core-image-base

bitbake -c cleansstate core-image-base

bitbake core-image-base

0 Kudos

sergio_dorazio
Contributor IV

The library files not found are for example : mod_proxy.so, mod_status.so, .....

0 Kudos