Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto build error for imx233-olinuxino-mini board using 'dizzy' branch

rebel-alliance
Contributor I

Hi All,

QUESTION 1)

I have just downloaded the most recent version of Yocto (branch: dizzy) from here (following instructions in the README outlined there):

https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform

I followed the instructions outlined in the above page.  Everything went well.  My development system is Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS.  I then tried to build an image using the following command:

MACHINE=imx233-olinuxino-mini source ./setup-environment build

Initially I encountered some error and found out those were due to my /bin/sh symlinked to the dash shell.  So I changed /bin/sh to point to a bash shell because I found out that this set-environment script doesn't play well with dash shell..  This got me further but now I am stuck with these errors:

vagrant@projectb:/vagrant/srv/fsl-community-bsp$ MACHINE=imx233-olinuxino-mini source ./setup-environment build

Configuring for imx233-olinuxino-mini

-bash: /vagrant/srv/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/scripts/oe-buildenv-internal: No such file or directory

mv: cannot stat ‘conf/local.conf’: No such file or directory

-bash: conf/local.conf: No such file or directory

-bash: conf/local.conf: No such file or directory

sed: can't read conf/local.conf: No such file or directory

cp: cannot create regular file ‘conf/’: Not a directory

Doing a manual search, I was unable to find a file called oe-buildenv-internal anywhere in the sources so this error is warranted.

I'd like to build an image (kernel+rootfs) for my imx233-olinuxino-mini board.

QUESTION 2)

Is LTIB recommended for the build system for the imx233-olinuxino-mini board or should I use Yocto? 

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Umar

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

rebel-alliance
Contributor I

I resolved this issue.  The issue was that my Virtual Machine was too puny at 512 MB RAM and 1 CPU.  I upped to dual cores and about 5-6 GB RAM and it went fine.  Caveat emptor!

0 Kudos

rebel-alliance
Contributor I

I got this working.  The problem was I was not installing it in my "home" directory.  Apparently, the scripts assume home directory and breaks if you are elsewhere.  So now I have it installed but now I am getting stuck at actually creating the image:

vagrant@projectb:~/fsl-community-bsp$ MACHINE=imx233-olinuxino-mini source ./setup-environld

Welcome to Freescale Community BSP

The Yocto Project has extensive documentation about OE including a

reference manual which can be found at:

http://yoctoproject.org/documentation

For more information about OpenEmbedded see their website:

http://www.openembedded.org/

You can now run 'bitbake <target>'

Common targets are:

core-image-minimal
meta-toolchain
meta-toolchain-sdk
adt-installer
meta-ide-support

Your configuration files at build have not been touched.

vagrant@projectb:~/fsl-community-bsp/build$ bitbake core-image-minimal

Parsing recipes:  71% |##########################################             | ETA:

Keyboard Interrupt, closing down...

ERROR: Timeout while attempting to communicate with bitbake server

Killed

vagrant@projectb:~/fsl-community-bsp/build$

vagrant@projectb:~/fsl-community-bsp/build$ bitbake core-image-minimal

Parsing recipes:  71% |#######################################            | ETA:  00:02:03

It's been stuck at 71% and never goes further.  Any clues?

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Try reporting it to meta-fsl-arm mailing list.

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Umar,

1. It would be better to report the issue in the meta-fsl-arm mailing list

2. The LTIB BSP suppports mx23evk, not mx23olinuxino

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Recently Freescale has started to 'officially' support Yocto on the i.MX6 family of processors, but not on early ones. The latest Linux BSP by Freescale for the i.MX233 processor is available on the Freescale web site (check under the "Operating System Software-Board Support Packages" tab):

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX233&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

This BSP was released in May 2010, it is meant for build under LTIB, and no newer version is available from Freescale. I'm not even sure that anyone has ever tried to build the i.MX233 Linux BSP using Yocto. So, it is still recommended to build the i.MX233 Linux BSP using LTIB.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos