Yocto build. ERROR: onnxruntime-1.8.2-r0 do_package_qa: QA run found fatal errors. 5.10.72-2.2.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto build. ERROR: onnxruntime-1.8.2-r0 do_package_qa: QA run found fatal errors. 5.10.72-2.2.0

WilliamBagshaw-imd
Contributor II

I am using a BSP build "as is" and getting an error...

ERROR: onnxruntime-1.8.2-r0 do_package_qa: QA Issue: /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/bin/onnxruntime_test contained in package onnxruntime requires /short2/bld-xwayland/tmp/work/cortexa53-crypto-poky-linux/onnxruntime/1.8.2-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/nativepython3, but no providers found in RDEPENDS_onnxruntime? [file-rdeps]
ERROR: onnxruntime-1.8.2-r0 do_package_qa: QA run found fatal errors. Please consider fixing them.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /short2/bld-xwayland/tmp/work/cortexa53-crypto-poky-linux/onnxruntime/1.8.2-r0/temp/log.do_package_qa.2763304
ERROR: Task (/short2/sources/meta-imx/meta-ml/recipes-libraries/onnxruntime/onnxruntime_1.8.2.bb:do_package_qa) failed with exit code '1'

The commands I am executing are...

repo init -u git@github.com:nxp-imx/imx-manifest.git -b imx-linux-hardknott -m imx-5.10.72-2.2.0.xml
repo sync
DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8mpevk  source ./imx-setup-release.sh -b bld-xwayland
bitbake onnxruntime

This looks like a similar issue but the recipe references a different repository.
https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/Yocto-imx-image-full-build-error-with-onnxruntime-qa-is...

The recipe that I am using references...

ONNXRUNTIME_SRC ?= "gitsm://github.com/nxp-imx/onnxruntime-imx.git;protocol=https"
SRCBRANCH = "lf-5.10.72_2.2.0"

SRCREV = "d5d8898338f8713d09ff0e85b6ddbe464138baf7"

0 Kudos
8 Replies

WilliamBagshaw-imd
Contributor II

Work around.

I could not identify why the onnxruntime package does not build reliably. It would sometimes work when building a full image.

However, it seamed to reliably build only when using pre downloaded files, and then completely rebuilding the full image. Rebuilding the full image, including downloading, is unreliable.

0 Kudos

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @WilliamBagshaw-imd,

Please use the following NXP iMX Repo Manifest and restart the build process.

GitHub - nxp-imx/imx-manifest at imx-linux-hardknott

To download the 5.10.72-2.2.2 release
repo init -u https://github.com/nxp-imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-hardknott -m imx-5.10.72-2.2.2.xml

Note: The remaining instructions are for setting up a BSP release only. For setting
up a demo, please see imx-manifest/README-<demo> for further instructions.

$: [MACHINE=<machine>] [DISTRO=fsl-imx-<backend>] source ./imx-setup-release.sh -b bld-<backend>

<machine> defaults to imx6qsabresd

<backend> Graphics backend type
xwayland Wayland with X11 support - default distro
wayland Wayland
fb Framebuffer (not supported for mx8)

Note if the poky community distro is used then build breaks will happen with some
components using our meta-imx layer.

I hope this information will be helpful. 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos

WilliamBagshaw-imd
Contributor II

I have been using the following commands repeatedly in different empty directories.
repo init -u git@github.com:nxp-imx/imx-manifest.git -b imx-linux-hardknott -m imx-5.10.72-2.2.0.xml

repo sync
DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8mpevk  source ./imx-setup-release.sh -b bld-xwayland
bitbake onnxruntime

I get the same error.

0 Kudos

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @WilliamBagshaw-imd,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please help me to understand what you are building only the onnxruntime package?

This package depends on other packages to correctly implement machine learning.

Please try with the command bitbake imx-image-full, this command will build all the packages required for multimedia and machine learning. 

Best regards, Brian.

0 Kudos

WilliamBagshaw-imd
Contributor II

This is the "minimal reproducible example". Bitbake will automatically build all dependencies. (unless there is an issue.) I can try the full image this will take a long time to build. I have had this issue with full images. That is why I simplified the problem to just being unable to build one package.

0 Kudos

WilliamBagshaw-imd
Contributor II

This morning the full image built fine.

repo sync
bitbake imx-image-full

Can you explain why this is? I have had full images sometimes work and sometimes fail. Building of just the package should work. If there is a package that is needed by onnxruntime the package should be dependent on it. It appears to be luck as to if the full image builds in the correct order.
0 Kudos

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @WilliamBagshaw-imd,

Thank you for your update. 

And yes, as I said before the onnxruntime is part of machine learning package and depends on other packages to correctly build. 

Have a great day! 

0 Kudos

WilliamBagshaw-imd
Contributor II

This is not an explanation. Dependences are supposed to be handles by bitbake. The recipe should contain those dependencies.

0 Kudos