cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto: add ipu.h kernel header to sdk

adc1
Contributor IV

Hi,

in my user application I need to include ipu.h to use IPU ioctl but the Poky SDK obtainend with Yocto doesn't contain it.

How could I add that kernel header file to it without append all kernel-dev PACKAGE to my Yocto configuration?

thank you for the attention,

best regards

Andrea

Labels (1)
6 Replies

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you mean you only want *one* header file?

Are you sure it is not better to copy this header file to your app source code directly?

adc1
Contributor IV

Hi,

thank you for the replies. yes, I've only this ipu.h header file missing from generated SDK and until now I've manually copied it in my source code to build my application. It's a solution, but I just wanted to know if there's a way to create a recipe that copy a kernel header file to output rootfs and sdk. Could you show me an example?

thank you again

Andrea

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is a way to copy all header files to the rootfs, and from your message I assumed you know how.

But, adding only one header file to the rootfs looks ugly to me. I would expect a build dependency on header file, not a runtime dependency.

0 Kudos

adc1
Contributor IV

In fact I need a build dependency, I want extract an sdk that contains this header file to build my application outside of Yocto tree. I thought there was a way to add a do_install_append() in my image recipe to copy a kernel header to target rootfs. That's all.

thank you again

Andrea

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In this case, I would only add all the kernel_dev header file, I have never thought about including only few of them. sorry

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks Daiane, for the insight!

Andrea Di Chiara, would copying the header directly be a suitable solution?

0 Kudos