Yocto Build issue for Custome Application

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto Build issue for Custome Application

yocto_newbee
Contributor I

Previously I was able to build my app as part of Yocto without any error, but after I migrated my app under boundary-bsp_hardknott, I am getting number of compile error related with C++. so I realized, boundary-bsp_hardknott yocto chose cortexa9t2hf-neon-mx6qdl-poky-linux-gnueabi as compiler but rest of image was build with cortexa9t2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi 

I am able to compile standalone application by itself with by setting up environment with environment-setup-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi. 

so I would like to compile my app with  cortexa9t2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi not with cortexa9t2hf-neon-mx6qdl-poky-linux-gnueabi . 

How can I update Yocto, so it would compile with cortexa9t2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi?

builder@770036e05cac:~/boundary-bsp_hardknott/build/tmp/sysroots-components$ ls
all    cortexa9t2hf-neon   cortexa9t2hf-neon-mx6qdl    manifests    nitrogen6x    x86_64

<-- Build error --> this c++ compiler could be due to c++ version.

| /home/builder/boundary-bsp_hardknott/build/tmp/work/cortexa9t2hf-neon-mx6qdl-poky-linux-gnueabi/master-app/1.0-r0/git/src/sd_card_manager.cpp:119:32: error: format not a string literal and no format arguments [-Werror=format-security]
| 119 | DEBUG_PRINT(message.c_str());

| ERROR: ExecutionError('/home/builder/boundary-bsp_hardknott/build/tmp/work/cortexa9t2hf-neon-mx6qdl-poky-linux-gnueabi/master-app/1.0-r0/temp/run.do_compile.6596', 1, None, None)
ERROR: Task (/home/builder/boundary-bsp_hardknott/sources/meta-mapir2/recipes-mapir2/master-app/master-app.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

work//master-app

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can grep name in sources to find out where to config compiler of boundary-bsp_hardknott

0 Kudos