cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XEN HYPERVISOR NOT WORKING ON LINUX 5.4.70

eliozepeda
Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to work with Xen hypervisor on the iMX8QuadMax platform. I built my Yocto project by following the i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide section 5.6.11 with adding xen into the local.conf file.

Then, I created 3 partitions: The first one is FAT which holds Xen(files: xen and xen.efi), image (files: Image and Image-imx8qmmek.bin) and dtb files (imx8qm-mek-dom0.dtb). The others hold Yocto rootfs files. but I was unable to 'run xenmmcboot'..

What I did was to use the SD card image that can be flashed directly and add a third partition with the Yocto rootfs files and it works because it creates the /dev/mmcblk1p3. 

In the U-boot stage, I boot Xen with 'run xenmmcboot' command and the booting performs successfully. Also, when I run 'xl list' command, I can see the Domanin-0 has started. (xl list and xl info logs are attached.)

After that, I started to follow the i.MX Linux® User's Guide (IMXLUG) section 12.4 to boot multiple OS. In the first step:

1) I unmounted the /dev/mmcblk1p3

2) insmod /lib/modules/5.4.70-2.3.0/kernel/drivers/block/xen-blkback/xen-blkback.ko

3) xl create /etc/xen/domu-imx8qm-mek.cfg

However, first 2 steps performs without any log (I assume that they works), but the xl create command logs some error as given below:

root@imx8qmmek:~# xl create /etc/xen/domu-imx8qm-mek.cfg
Parsing config from /etc/xen/domu-imx8qm-mek.cfg
libxl: info: libxl_create.c:119:libxl__domain_build_info_setdefault: qemu-xen is unavailable, using qemu-xen-traditional instead: No such file or directory
(XEN) Power on resource 215
libxl: error: libxl_arm.c:902:copy_partial_fdt: Can't copy the node "/passthrough" from the partial FDT
libxl: error: libxl_arm.c:902:copy_partial_fdt: Can't copy the node "/passthrough" from the partial FDT
libxl: error: libxl_arm.c:934:copy_partial_fdt: Can't copy the node /bus@56000000 from the partial FDT
libxl: error: libxl_arm.c:934:copy_partial_fdt: Can't copy the node /bus@5a000000 from the partial FDT
xc: error: panic: xc_dom_boot.c:120: xc_dom_boot_mem_init: can't allocate low memory for domain: Out of memory
libxl: error: libxl_dom.c:762:libxl__build_dom: xc_dom_boot_mem_init failed: Cannot allocate memory
libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1420:domcreate_rebuild_done: Domain 1:cannot (re-)build domain: -3
(XEN) let's shutdown the domain resources
(XEN) partition id 4; domain_id 1
(XEN) off partition 4 err 3
libxl: error: libxl_domain.c:1177:libxl__destroy_domid: Domain 1:Non-existant domain
libxl: error: libxl_domain.c:1131:domain_destroy_callback: Domain 1:Unable to destroy guest
libxl: error: libxl_domain.c:1058:domain_destroy_cb: Domain 1:Destruction of domain failed

the version used is Rev. L5.4.70_2.3.0

Regards.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

phiav
Contributor I

Hello,

I ran into to exact same issue with the same setup and version. Did you find a solution to the issue?

Regards

0 Kudos

hector_delgado
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @eliozepeda ,

I hope you're doing well. Could you double check that the file /etc/xen/domu-imx8qm-mek.cfg is there? 

If it is there, check if qemu-xen is installed in your device. Since it may seem like it can't find de qemu-xen or qemu-xen-traditional files to proceed. 

You could also try overriding the qemu-xen checkup (if qemu isn't needed) by adding the following lines to the config files of domU:

device_model_version="qemu-xen"
device_model_override="/bin/true"

Let me know if any of these work for you.

Best regards,
Hector.

0 Kudos

eliozepeda
Contributor I

Thanks for your fast answer @hector_delgado 

I did a double check and the file /etc/xen/domu-imx8qm-mek.cfg exists..

Also I added the lines that you suggested on the file domu-imx8qm-mek.cfg and the qemu-xen error disappear but all the other errors still present 

Parsing config from /etc/xen/domu-imx8qm-mek.cfg
(XEN) Power on resource 215
libxl: error: libxl_arm.c:934:copy_partial_fdt: Can't copy the node /bus@56000000 from the partial FDT
libxl: error: libxl_arm.c:934:copy_partial_fdt: Can't copy the node /bus@5a000000 from the partial FDT
xc: error: panic: xc_dom_boot.c:120: xc_dom_boot_mem_init: can't allocate low memory for domain: Out of memory
libxl: error: libxl_dom.c:762:libxl__build_dom: xc_dom_boot_mem_init failed: Cannot allocate memory
libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1420:domcreate_rebuild_done: Domain 3:cannot (re-)build domain: -3
(XEN) let's shutdown the domain resources
(XEN) partition id 7; domain_id 3
(XEN) off partition 7 err 3
libxl: error: libxl_domain.c:1177:libxl__destroy_domid: Domain 3:Non-existant domain
libxl: error: libxl_domain.c:1131:domain_destroy_callback: Domain 3:Unable to destroy guest
libxl: error: libxl_domain.c:1058:domain_destroy_cb: Domain 3:Destruction of domain failed

Do you have an idea what could be wrong? 

Thanks

0 Kudos