Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write program to the QSPI-NOR on i.MX 7D SABRE-SDB with MFG-Tool

eishishibusawa
Contributor III

Dear Sir

I want to ask you abut MFG-Tool.

I downloaded the MFG-Tool (Linux 4.1.15) from the following URL.

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

i.MX Software and Development Tools|NXP 

I tried to write the program to the QSPI-NOR by using the VBScript of MFG-Tool.

(Please refer to the IMX7D-SABRE_QSPI-NOR_Write VBScript.PNG)

It occurred an error.

(Please refer to the IMX-SABRE_Write error.PNG and IMX7D-SABRE_QSPI-NOR_Write error_Log.tex)

For reference, I tried to write the program to QSPI-NOR by using the VBScript of MFG-Tool.

There is no error.

Is it able to program the QSPI-NOR on IMX7D SABRE-SDB by using MFG-Tool?

Best Regard,

Eishi SHIBUSAWA

Original Attachment has been moved to: IMX7D-SABRE_QSPI-NOR_Write-error_Log.txt.zip

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

@Eishi Shibusawa  please have a check.

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos

eishishibusawa
Contributor III

Dear Rita

Thank you for your support.

Customer is trying to modify the board for booting from QSPI-NOR.

We can not find the R398.

Could you send me materials that understand the location of R398.

(Layout file or Silk file)

Best Regards,

Eishi SHIBUSAWA

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eishi SHIBUSAWA,

I am on vacation last two days. Here recommand you open the IMX7D EVK BOARD REV D_160314.brd file to see the board layout.

My candance is low verison can not open the newest file. I will also try to find it on our board for you.

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eishi SHIBUSAWA,

Are you using this version L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga_mfg-tools.tar.gz mfgtool and with the demo images? I am downloading it and try it on my board.

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos

eishishibusawa
Contributor III

Dear Rita

Thank you for your reply.

I tried by using  version L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga.

But it is not able to flash QSPI-NOR.

Could you flash QSPI-NOR on IMX7D SABRE-SDB by using version L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga?

Best Regards,

Eishi SHIBUSAWA

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eishi SHIBUSAWA,

I have tested it on my board. The board and default BSP are boot up from EPDC. Here you want to boot up from QSPI, When using QSPI, you need tode-populate R388-R391, R396-R399 and populate R392-R395, R299, R300 in your hard ware.QSPI signals are muxed with EPDC_D[7:0].

In your above error message you can see that the system can not find and detect the qspi, so can not excute the following code,<CMD state="body="$ flash_erase /dev/mtd0 0 20">Erasing Boot partition</CMD>Updater" type="push" .

boot qspi.PNG

In a word, it's the hardware problem, you need do a little change. And it will work fine.
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eishi SHIBUSAWA,

OK. I will try it, and then give you reply and update result.
Have a great day,
Rita

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos