Write image through USB OTG in MIMXRT1064 EVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write image through USB OTG in MIMXRT1064 EVK

vishwas_br
Contributor II

Hi, we are trying to write image (.hex file) through "USB OTG" in MIMXRT1064 EVK. Debug was successful through Debug port of RT1064 EVK. We need help with the jumpers position, boot mode and the entire process. Kindly help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vishwas_br 

You don't need to change the jumpers, please look into this Getting Started. The USB OTG uses serial downloader

Miguel04_1-1681145053330.png

Chapter 9.2 reference manual.

You can find the bootmode pins on the getting started (SW7)

Miguel04_2-1681145111697.png

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos

vishwas_br
Contributor II

Hello @Miguel04,

I am using MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning Tool. Serial download is possible through USB OTG (J9). Just have a few doubts:

I am using led_blinky project to verify. EVK is powered through USB OTG (J9) and the isolation jumper in J1 is at position 3,4. While using MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning tool to build image and write image, the SW7 switch position is kept at 01. After the Write image is successful, the SW7 switch position is changed to 10. Only after doing this switch position change, the led starts to glow. 

Is this procedure correct? Why is it working only when I change the SW7 switch position from 01 to 10? 

0 Kudos

Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vishwas_br 

The serial downloader mode uses an external host to run the program, you can find more information on the reference manual chapter 9.3.4. However the procedure you made has a normal behaviour, when you change the boot mode from Serial Dowloader to internal boot the mcu instead waiting for the instructions from the external host, boots directly from flash and runs the program.

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos