cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Client Connection Issues with Marvell SD8997

yaen
Contributor I

Dear NXP Support Team,
I am currently working with i.MX93 and require assistance with Access Point mode.
I was able to create a Hotspot Using nmcli, however, connecting WiFi Client via nmcli encountered issues:
Connection does not work from an Android device, which is critical for my testing, the attempt just times out.
Connection from another SoM shows the error: "Connection activation failed: Secrets were required, but not provided." . Needless to say that i did provide password .
wpa_supplicant successfully connected but it is not enough .

I run on Compulab BSP Release mcm-imx93 2.0 24.07 based on NXP i.MX Release Distro 6.6-scarthgap with firmware sdsd8997_combo_v4.bin version 16.68.1.p197

I would greatly appreciate your guidance on the following points:
Are there specific configurations or settings required for the i.MX93 to operate in AP mode effectively with the Marvell SD8997 WiFi device?
Are there any firmware updates or specific versions that support AP mode more reliably?
Any additional troubleshooting steps or tools that I can use to diagnose and resolve the connection issues?

Your expertise and support in this matter would be invaluable. Please let me know if you require any further details or logs from my end to assist with the troubleshooting process.
Thank you for your time and assistance,
Best regards,
Yaakov Entin

0 Kudos
1 Reply

JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products,

The sdiouart8997_combo_v4.bin firmware is enough for 88W8997 chipset to work in AP Mode, you can refer to the two manual attached to test AP.

Within our references, you can see that we use hostapd to test these features, refer to the UM11490.

2.2 Configure and start the Access Point

2.3 Connect with the Access Point

And try to replicate using hostapd in order to isolate the problem, for troubleshooting you can refer to the same user manual.

Regards

0 Kudos