Why is wakeup from external rtc not working?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is wakeup from external rtc not working?

Jump to solution
martinuschmann
Contributor II

I'm trying to get a IMX6UL to wakeup using an external rtc.

The board I'm using is a customized Version of an Engicam C.Touch Carrierboard (Link). The cpu-modul is an Engicam GEAM6UL. The Linux-kernel is 3.14.38.

We don't want to utilize the internal rtc because of the high power consumption in sleep and use a pcf8563 connected through i2c instead. The pcf8563 is working, I can get/set the time and it keeps it even after shutting down and cutting the power.

The problem is that the board does not wake up from sleepmode after the rtc sends an interrupt.

I configured the rtc in the devie tree as wakeup-source, connected the INT-output with a pull-up resistor to gpio5_1 and configured the gpio as a key. With this configuration, I can set a time with wakealarm, like "echo +120 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm", and see the interrupt occuring in /proc/interrupts. But after sending my board to sleep with rtcwake (mem or standby) it remains in this sleepstate until I cut the power and reboot.

Using an oscillator I can see the interrupt signal from the pcf8563 changing from high to low after the proper amount of time passed.

At this point I have no idea where to go from here.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
martinuschmann
Contributor II

After a long procedure I finally found the Problem.

There is some conflict with the soundchip sgtl5000. At this point I'm uncertain what exactly caused this. After I deactivated the sound device in the device tree the wakeup-function worked perfectly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
martinuschmann
Contributor II

After a long procedure I finally found the Problem.

There is some conflict with the soundchip sgtl5000. At this point I'm uncertain what exactly caused this. After I deactivated the sound device in the device tree the wakeup-function worked perfectly.

0 Kudos
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

are you set the gpio key as wakeup source?

are you set the interrupt is falling edge?

0 Kudos
martinuschmann
Contributor II

Hi,

yes, I tried setting the gpio-key as wakeup-source and also set the irq to falling edge.

0 Kudos