Where is the iMX6 Platform SDK maintained?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the iMX6 Platform SDK maintained?

Jump to solution
nathanpalmer
Contributor IV

I see that the iMX6 Platform SDK (1.1.0) is no longer supported/available from the main Freescale support site.  Is there a public git repo or something that is now the proper place to get the SDK? I would like to see if anything has changed since I grabbed the 1.1.0 version and also I have some patches that I would like to submit for upstream integration (bug fixes).

Thanks,

Nathan

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The Platform SDK for i.MX6 was removed since it is not supported more,

and – alas - we do not have other repo for it.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The Platform SDK for i.MX6 was removed since it is not supported more,

and – alas - we do not have other repo for it.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
amlaskowski
Contributor I

Hello,
Could you tell me what is the reason that NXP doesn't support iMX6 Platform SDK anymore? Have you any plans to prepare some SDK for people who don't want to use Linux/Android/Windows on the board?

Regards,
Artur

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We do not have enough resources to support the SDK. Sorry.

Basically, You may create a request to get sources, so that I can send it to You. 

1)Please open www.nxp.com
2)On the top level menu, select Support > Sales and Support (http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME).
3)On the bottom of the page, select Hardware & Software.
4)Register with your business email to access the technical NXP online support.
5)A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the embedded link to verify your access.
6)On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
baizebing
Contributor I

Is there any source code about EIM?I want to use it to communicate with an FPGA, thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You may look at Chapter 7 (Configuring the EIM Driver) of "iMX6_Firmware_Guide.pdf".

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
amlaskowski
Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

I did as you said and submitted a new case (№ 00069337). Unfortunately I received an answer that I should look on this page: i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP but of course there is no such a thing like i.MX6 Platform SDK.

Regards,
Artur

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I sent the link via request 00069496.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
amlaskowski
Contributor I

Thank you.

Regards,
Artur

0 Kudos
phanikumar
Contributor III

Hi Yuri,

I am working on i.mx6 ul evk board and want to build a project on bare metal. From the forums, I got a reply of using platform sdk for bare metal applications. As you are saying it is no longer supported, what is the alternative to me to run an application on baremetal for the imx6ul evk board. Are there any example projects available out there.

Thanks

phani

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Looks like only U-boot may be used as collection of stand-alone codes for the i.MX6UL now.

REgards,
Yuri.

0 Kudos