cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wandboard Qt GUI app autorun

pedropl
Contributor I

Hey everybody!

I have an issue to force a Qt GUI app to run at linux startup (yocto installation). I have tried all the linux methods i know and all I could find, including /etc/init.d/ and X11 startup scripts. None had any effect, all I get whatever I do is the terminal at startup. Any help appreciated.

Platform is Wandboard i.MX6 Quad.

Qt is running correctly.

Thanks!

Pedro

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

pedropl
Contributor I

To be precise I have built yocto linux-image using bitbake tools and the default desktop was just matchbox_terminal, in this case the solution is as follows:

1) Turns out you can use a .Xsession file in your users directory, but be careful to use a big character X, some resources indicate that the file name is .xsession which wouldn't work in my case.

2) Prepare your .Xsession file appropriately - an example:

#!/bin/bash

/usr/bin/x-session-manager &

exec /path/to/your/Qt/app/binary

3) That's it. At this point the first thing which will show up is matchobox_terminal, if your application takes time to load then it might be an unwanted situation. To hide the terminal just backup your /usr/bin/x-session-manager file and comment out the line showing "matchbox-terminal&" in the original one. Now you should see just a black screen with mouse pointer before your application loads.

0 Kudos