Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the ADC of MIMXRT 1160-EVK to sample an external signal

Jump to solution
HousseinKanso
Contributor I

Hello, 

I am using the MIMXRT 1160-EVK controller. 

I want to use its internal ADC to sample an external signal coming from a clamp-meter (current data coming from one of the phase of a permanent-magnet synchronous motor). The signal will be transformed first from single-ended mode to differential mode (twisted-pair) before being fed to the controller. So, I need to use the differential signaling mode. The ADC should start doing the conversions after receiving some external signal when the motor starts rotating (most probably coming from FreeMaster lite) and will stop using the same method. The purpose is to be able to record this current data, and then write it into a log file. I looked into many lpadc examples, but none of them is similar to what I am trying to do. I am still new to the embedded field, so any help/advice would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

I recommend using the k64 this has an ADC differential and you can modify the example SDK to see how works.

Maybe this post help you to understand the ADC functionality. Understanding ADC specifications - NXP Community

Best regards,
Pavel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

I recommend using the k64 this has an ADC differential and you can modify the example SDK to see how works.

Maybe this post help you to understand the ADC functionality. Understanding ADC specifications - NXP Community

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos