Using IMX-MIPI-HDMI with imx93-evk

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using IMX-MIPI-HDMI with imx93-evk

dpcivl
Contributor III

Hi, I'm setting my imx93-evk board to see how the camera is well working.

I bought IMX-MIPI-HDMI to watch the frame from the camera with HDMI monitor.

However, even after I connected the board to the monitor, the monitor displays nothing.
(LEDs on IMX-MIPI-HDMI are on - yellow and red)

Should I edit some U-boot settings?

If I should, please let me know. 

+) I read this page and I followed U-boot Steps.  https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/Build-GUI-Guider-projects-for-iMX93-BSP-...

But the result is the same. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

dpcivl
Contributor III

I found U-boot configuration could be shown on display. 

But after finishing configuration, the monitor is shut down immediately. 

How can I fix it? 🥲

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

did you use nxp evk board? what did you change? what dtb file do you use?

0 Kudos

dpcivl
Contributor III
Yes, I'm using i.MX93EVK. I changed U-boot configuration about fdtfile. I'm using imx93-11x11-evk-rm67199.dtb now. I don't have an idea about which dtb file I should select.
0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you don't need change any fdt file, you just use the default dtb, which isimx93-11x11-evk.dtb, the dtb you choose if for mipi display, not for hdmi

0 Kudos

dpcivl
Contributor III
I've tried with another HDMI monitor and it displayed well. I think this is about the resolution of the former monitor, not about dtb file. So I want to know how I can config the resolution of DSI port so as to try again with the former monitor. Could you tell me?
0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

do you mean you can boot up new hdmi display even use imx93-11x11-evk-rm67199.dtb? what old hdmi display resolution and pixel clock you use? current bsp uses adv7535 as mipi to hdmi bridge, if your hdmi clock isn't supported by adv7535, you need add new clock in the clock driver, but imx93-11x11-evk-rm67199.dtb deleted the adv7535, so if you want to bring up mipi to hdmi, you need use imx93-11x11-evk.dtb

0 Kudos

dpcivl
Contributor III
I meant that the monitor B worked well with imx93-11x11-evk.dtb. But I got a problem with the monitor A which was used when my first trial. The monitor A doesn't work well though I set dtb file to imx93-11x11-evk.dtb.

So I want to know how to configure resolution for using the monitor A correctly. If there is no way to edit resolution setting, I will use the monitor B which works well with no setting for the resolution.

+) I don't know the resolution and pixel clock of the monitor A. Sorry about that.
0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

ok got it, because you said not the dtb issue, so I need double confirm, firstly you need choose the correct dtb file, then you need to know what pixel clock of your display you need support, then you can add in the source code, maybe you can check the logfile, can to check if any information about your monitorA, or use cat /sys/module/drm/parameters/ to check it

0 Kudos

peterdoliwa
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, I have a similar issue, I also have an IMX-MIPI-HDMI connected to my imx93-evk and my monitor works in uboot, but only shows a black screen after full boot to linux. I'm using the default dtb file. Could you provide some details how to debug this kind of issues and find out the monitor configuration? Thx

0 Kudos