cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Gstreamer Plugins with Kernel >= v4.1

efge
Contributor II

Hi,

i currently try to use the gstreamer-plugins (http://github.com/Freescale/gstreamer-imx) with a more recent, mainline kernel (4.1).

As far as i can see the plugins at least rely on the mxc_ipu device, which was registered on the older freescale kernel

(drivers/mxc/ipu_device.c) versions. As the mainline kernel does not contain code for a IPU device node but we need to use

a more recent version of the kernel, i have a few questions on how to proceed:

- are there some patches available for kernel >= 4.1 or the gstreamer-plugins to get the gstreamer work?

- is there another way to en-/decode video data (and overlay) using the hardware accelerated functionality? - and which tools can i use?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings

Fabian

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Fabian

seems latest kernel with ipu support is 3.14.38

linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree

freescale provides hardware accelerated codecs for each kernel release,

I am afraid there is no another way to en-/decode video data (and overlay) using

the hardware accelerated functionality.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos