cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to read Ethernet Phy DP83867 registers through IMX8MP

Ben10
Contributor II

Hi 

I need help reading the DP3867 ethernet phy register through IMX8MP, because when I read any register I get the value as 0xffff. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Chavira
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ben10!

Thank you for contacting NXP Support!

Could you please share with us what Linux kernel are you using?

How are you reading the registers?

If it's possible, please share the schematic.

Best Regards 

Chavira

0 Kudos

Ben10
Contributor II

Hi @Chavira 

Thanks for the reply

The problem which I am mentioning is not with linux rather in windows 10 IOT BSP of NXP. The NXP windows 10 IOT BSP was developed for IMX8MP board with RTL8211F ethernet phy, we just replaced the phy with DP83867 ethernet phy. Our board has two phys just like the IMX8MP board but the phys in our board don't share the MDIO/MDC line. 

We got the windows 10 IOT BSP from NXP.

0 Kudos

Chavira
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry we don't support Windows 10 IOT on custom boards, I recommend developing by yourself the driver or contact to Texas Instruments probably they can help you with the driver to Windows, or contact directly to Microsoft.

Windows 10 is privative and only Microsoft can help you to implement the drivers.

0 Kudos

Ben10
Contributor II

Hi @Chavira 

When I probe the MDC pin after booting the windows I  am not getting the clock signal but if I try to probe the MDC pin while restarting the windows I get clock signal of 2.5 MHz. With 2.5MHz clock signal ethernet works in ubuntu. So, is there a way to fix this in windows??

0 Kudos

Ben10
Contributor II

Hi @Chavira 

Thanks for the reply.

I am not asking help with windows driver development, rather I want help with the initial settings like pin muxing and setting up clock and other things. 

Also, what I observed was in the NXP board was, there is a file as "boardinit.c" where the pin muxing and clock and other board initialisation things are done, so there are two functions related to the ethernet, "EnetInit" and  "EnetQosInit" where the pin muxing and clock is initialised, but the ethernet in NXP IMX8MP board works even if both these functions are not called (I commented them). So, is pin muxing and setting up clock really necessary or are the pins working in default state??

0 Kudos