Unable to build meta-robot-platform on imx8mp due to bitbake do_fetch errors and then ssl

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to build meta-robot-platform on imx8mp due to bitbake do_fetch errors and then ssl

annto99
Contributor I

Good morning,

i'm a yocto newbie and i need to add ros2 humble on the 5.15.71-2.2.0 distribution. 

My target board is imx8mp-lpddr4-evk and I'm using an Ubuntu x86_64 as host machine.

At first i followed this guide: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX_YOCTO_PROJECT_USERS_GUIDE.pdf i pointed to the kirkstone branch and then, i tried to manually add meta-ros (meta-ros2, meta-ros2-humble and meta-ros-common layers). Although these layers were recognized by bitbake and the build process gave no errors, I cannot find ROS when I run it on the target board.

So i tried to follow a second path, this guide: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN14240.pdf . I attempted to build meta-robot-platform to identify my potential mistakes, but the outcome differed from what I expected again:

The first time i encountered a bitbake do_fetch error for the fastdds repository:

ERROR: fastrtps-2.9.1-4-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Unable to find revision 24c6b48d4541230c205b5d932a5830be9727cc34 in branch release/rolling/fastrtps even from upstream
ERROR: fastrtps-2.9.1-4-r0 do_fetch: Bitbake Fetcher Error: FetchError('Unable to fetch URL from any source.', 'git://github.com/ros2-gbp/fastrtps-release;branch=release/rolling/fastrtps;protocol=https')

i checked the recipe and tried to find the branch and commit it was pointing to. Everything seemed fine.

I ignored this error and tried to run bitbake for a second time and i encountered another error:

ERROR: openssl-3.1.0.imx-r0 do_patch: Applying patch '0001-Enhance-cryptodev-s-engine-by-CAAM-public-key-crypto.patch' on target directory '/home/company/atoselli/robot-yocto-bsp/imx8mp-lpddr4-evk-robot-humble/tmp/work/armv8a-poky-linux/openssl/3.1.0.imx-r0/openssl-3.1.0.imx'
CmdError('quilt --quiltrc /home/company/atoselli/robot-yocto-bsp/imx8mp-lpddr4-evk-robot-humble/tmp/work/armv8a-poky-linux/openssl/3.1.0.imx-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/etc/quiltrc push', 0, 'stdout: Applying patch 0001-Enhance-cryptodev-s-engine-by-CAAM-public-key-crypto.patch
patching file apps/speed.c
patching file crypto/ec/ec_curve.c
patching file crypto/ec/ec_key.c
patching file crypto/ec/ec_local.h
patching file crypto/sm2/sm2_crypt.c
patching file crypto/sm2/sm2_sign.c
patching file engines/e_devcrypto.c
Hunk #10 FAILED at 747.
Hunk #11 FAILED at 774.
Hunk #12 succeeded at 808 (offset -14 lines).
Hunk #13 succeeded at 984 (offset -14 lines).
Hunk #14 succeeded at 1061 (offset -14 lines).
Hunk #15 succeeded at 1499 (offset -14 lines).
2 out of 15 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file engines/e_devcrypto.c
patching file test/dsatest.c
patching file test/ecdsatest.c
patching file test/rsa_test.c
Patch 0001-Enhance-cryptodev-s-engine-by-CAAM-public-key-crypto.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)

stderr: ')
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/company/atoselli/robot-yocto-bsp/imx8mp-lpddr4-evk-robot-humble/tmp/work/armv8a-poky-linux/openssl/3.1.0.imx-r0/temp/log.do_patch.1011577
ERROR: Task (/home/company/atoselli/robot-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-robot-platform/imx/meta-robot/recipes-security/openssl/openssl_3.1.0.imx.bb:do_patch) failed with exit code '1' 

I found this thread for the second problem; I don't suppose they are correlated: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/Enhance-cryptodev-and-its-engine-in-Open... anything it this thread helped me. 

Any suggestion? for both my problems Thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alejandro_Salas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @annto99 

I am trying to reproduce the issue, also, could you please share the Logfile of failure stored in: /home/company/atoselli/robot-yocto-bsp/imx8mp-lpddr4-evk-robot-humble/tmp/work/armv8a-poky-linux/openssl/3.1.0.imx-r0/temp/log.do_patch.1011577?

Best regards.

Salas.

0 Kudos