Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to build Yocto with Xen for 5.10.72-2.2.3 manifest

m_selukar
Contributor I

My Environment
Linux kernel: 5.4.0-1092-aws
CPU arch: x86
Repository: repo init -u https://github.com/nxp-imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-hardknott -m imx-5.10.72-2.2.3.xml
Board: iMX QuadXPlus C0 MEK

Build Steps

DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8qxpc0mek source imx-setup-release.sh -b build-xwayland

Edited "conf/local.conf" file and add following lines:
DISTRO_FEATURES:append = " virtualization xen"
uboot_config_imx8qxpc0mek="sd fspi"
IMAGE_FSTYPES:append = " ext2"
IMAGE_INSTALL:append = " zlib-dev xen-tools apt sudo xen"

bitbake xen-image-minimal

Error:
ERROR: xen-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Unable to install packages. Command '/data1/imx-yocto/build-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8qxpc0mek-poky-linux/xen-image-minimal/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/apt-get install --allow-downgrades --allow-remove-essential --allow-change-held-packages --allow-unauthenticated --no-remove apt dpkg kernel-module-xen-blkback kernel-module-xen-gntalloc kernel-module-xen-gntdev kernel-module-xen-netback kernel-module-xen-wdt packagegroup-core-boot packagegroup-core-ssh-openssh packagegroup-fsl-optee-imx qemu run-postinsts sudo xen xen-tools zlib-dev' returned 100:
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
E: Unable to locate package kernel-module-xen-gntalloc
E: Unable to locate package kernel-module-xen-gntdev
E: Unable to locate package kernel-module-xen-wdt

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /data1/imx-yocto/build-xwayland/tmp/work/imx8qxpc0mek-poky-linux/xen-image-minimal/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.7710
ERROR: Task (/data1/imx-yocto/sources/meta-virtualization/recipes-extended/images/xen-image-minimal.bb:do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 5253 tasks of which 5251 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
/data1/imx-yocto/sources/meta-virtualization/recipes-extended/images/xen-image-minimal.bb:do_rootfs
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

m_selukar
Contributor I

In Latest BSP ( LF5.15.71_2.2.0 ), type 1 hypervisors are part of the loader But Xen is not currently supported

as per section  2.3 Boot Image in i.MX Linux Reference Manual

It seems Xen is not supported for this version.

So will the latest one 5.15.71 have xen? even when it is mentioned that xen is not supported.

Also, it's related topic has been removed from https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX_YOCTO_PROJECT_USERS_GUIDE.pdf for 5.15.71

Also, I once built 5.15.52-2.1.0 and got the same error of unable to locate packages.

After getting the error, I removed those packages from "sources/meta-virtualization/recipes-extended/images/xen-image-minimal.bb"

The build was successful however, there was no file name "*-dom0.dtb" generated and also after flashing the wic file to memory card, i was unable to find any folder related to xen such as "/etc/xen"

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Correct XEN is not supported, will contact the developers for this task, in mean time the only supported XEN is the 5.4.70v.

Regards

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

That version does not include XEN, you must download the latest version 5.15.71v:

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/i-mx-software/embedded-linux-for-i-mx-applicat...

Regards

0 Kudos