cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB questions for i.MX8M Mini

jimmyli
Contributor IV

Hi,

I have some questions about USB design for i.MX8M Mini.

Questions:

1. What is the different function between USB1_OTG_ID and USB1_P1_ID ?  --《i.MX8M Mini Reference Manual》/P1263

pastedImage_1.png

2. Can we read the status register for USBx_ID and USBx_VBUS ?

Or, can we take USBx_ID and USBx_VBUS as GPIO that we can set them to generate interrupt ?

3. In i.MX8M Mini demo schematic, we find USBx_OTG_ID、USBx_OTG_OC、USBx_OTG_PWR are not used, is that OK for USB2.0 OTG ?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Ken5
Contributor I

Hi Weidong, 

We use USBx_ID instead of USBx_OTG_ID, i known need to configure the register IOMUXC_SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_GPIO1_IO10 and IOMUXC_SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_GPIO1_IO11, but in detail i don't kown how do it, for imx8mini-evk. Can you share me some example and what is the dts file should be?

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jimmy,

See below, please!

1. What is the different function between USB1_OTG_ID and USB1_P1_ID ? 

USB1 has 2 IDs, one is USB1_OTG_ID, which is called GPIO ID. The other is USB1_ID, which is phy ID.

2. Can we read the status register for USBx_ID and USBx_VBUS ?

Yes.

>>can we take USBx_ID and USBx_VBUS as GPIO that we can set them to generate interrupt ?

No.

3.3. In i.MX8M Mini demo schematic, we find USBx_OTG_ID、USBx_OTG_OC、USBx_OTG_PWR are not used, is that OK for USB2.0 OTG ?

I drew a schematic for you as reference. it will be sent to your email, check it, please!

Have a nice day!

B.R,

Weidong

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Hi weidong,

I now design a USB circuit using i.MX8M Mini,USB2 as OTG, USB1 as slave, can you give me some design reference or suggestion.

In addition, on the development board, I can't use the USB1 port as a slave. I think this is the download interface of i.MX8M Mini with USB1,is right?

Best wishes.

0 Kudos

jimmyli
Contributor IV

Hi Wigros,

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't received the schematic yet, hope you can send to me ASAP.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jimmy,

pastedImage_1.png

weidong

0 Kudos

marcelbässler
Contributor III

Hi Weidong, 

can you share with me the same file? I have similar questions. 

THX

Marcel 

0 Kudos