显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

U-boot build problem in LTIB and creating a new uSD card process

11,931 次查看
snirnisim
Contributor III

hello everyone,

for the past two weeks i tried learning how to make a new uSD card with minimal configuration to boot the QSB.

i've followed the "ltib_build_host_setup.pdf" document and now i'm having a PC running UBUNTU 10.04LTS with all relvant packages. i installed LTIB from "L2.6.35_11.09.01_ER_source" and followed the instruction (which i can't say i fully understand...) in the "i.MX53_START_Linux_BSP_UserGuide" PDF. for the beging i wanted to just compile the minimun configuration selecting the proper "LOCO" board.

i'm rapidly getting the error :

These packages failed to build:
u-boot

Build Failed

Exiting on error or interrupt

( full terminal plot in attached "log.txt" file).

i hope someone can help me solve this asap.

if someone can explain me please the proccess of moving the files (that LTIB will create when build will successed) to a uSD, which i inserted to the PC runinig linux, with a SD adapter and a usb to SD converter, and then which commands i have to use after i'm moving the card to the QSB in order to setenv for U-boot and properly boot the board.

sorry about the my english and i hope i'ts clearly enough.

thanks in advance,

snir

标签 (1)
73 回复数

2,316 次查看
enaud
Contributor III

where i must set env.variables? and what is?

0 项奖励
回复

2,316 次查看
KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

Are you sure, you have set the env.variables correct?

0 项奖励
回复

2,316 次查看
enaud
Contributor III

not start! help me pls :)

0 项奖励
回复

2,316 次查看
KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

What about the previous error?

0 项奖励
回复

2,316 次查看
enaud
Contributor III

i rewrite SD and now i have:

U-Boot 2009.08 (Mar 08 2012 - 15:16:16)

CPU: Freescale i.MX53 family 2.1V at 800 MHz
mx53 pll1: 800MHz
mx53 pll2: 400MHz
mx53 pll3: 432MHz
mx53 pll4: 455MHz
ipg clock : 66666666Hz
ipg per clock : 33333333Hz
uart clock : 66666666Hz
cspi clock : 108000000Hz
ahb clock : 133333333Hz
axi_a clock : 400000000Hz
axi_b clock : 200000000Hz
emi_slow clock: 133333333Hz
ddr clock : 400000000Hz
esdhc1 clock : 80000000Hz
esdhc2 clock : 80000000Hz
esdhc3 clock : 80000000Hz
esdhc4 clock : 80000000Hz
nfc clock : 26666666Hz
Board: MX53-LOCO 1.0 Rev. B
Boot Reason: [POR]
Boot Device: SD
I2C: ready
DRAM: 1 GB
MMC: FSL_ESDHC: 0,FSL_ESDHC: 1
*** Warning - bad CRC or MMC, using default environment

In: serial
Out: serial
Err: serial
Serial reinitilized!
Net: got MAC address from IIM: 00:04:9f:01:f1:d1
FEC0 [PRIME]
Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0
mmc0 is current device

MMC read: dev # 0, block # 2048, count 6144 ... 6144 blocks read: OK
Wrong Image Format for bootm command
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
MX53-LOCO U-Boot >

Kernel not start!

0 项奖励
回复

2,316 次查看
KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

My env_variable is like this, setenv bootargs_mmc 'setenv bootargs ${bootargs} console=tty0 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait rw'

0 项奖励
回复

2,316 次查看
enaud
Contributor III

i have  this error when i run my board: but view just the penguin in the top left corner

giuseppe@giuseppe-K53SV:~$ minicom -s

Welcome to minicom 2.5

OPTIONS: I18n
Compiled on May 2 2011, 10:05:24.
Port /dev/ttyUSB0

Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

timed out!
IP-Config: Reopening network devices...
eth0: Freescale FEC PHY driver [Generic PHY] (mii_bus:phy_addr=0:00, irq=-1)
Sending DHCP requests ...... timed out!
IP-Config: Auto-configuration of network failed.
VFS: Cannot open root device "mmcblk0p1" or unknown-block(179,1)
Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available partitions:
b300 3880960 mmcblk0 driver: mmcblk
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(179,1)
[<80038538>] (unwind_backtrace+0x0/0xf0) from [<8040f8d4>] (panic+0x6c/0xe0)
[<8040f8d4>] (panic+0x6c/0xe0) from [<80008ddc>] (mount_block_root+0x1cc/0x20c)
[<80008ddc>] (mount_block_root+0x1cc/0x20c) from [<80009028>] (prepare_namespac)
[<80009028>] (prepare_namespace+0x11c/0x174) from [<800084a0>] (kernel_init+0x1)
[<800084a0>] (kernel_init+0x120/0x168) from [<800349e0>] (kernel_thread_exit+0x)

0 项奖励
回复

2,316 次查看
StevieRG
Contributor II

I'm pleased the script now works. What you see is normal, just the penguin in the top left corner. The login is simply "root", there is no password.

enaud said:

it work, i put MMC on IMX53, connect LCD on VGA output and keyboard on usb.

On screen i view Linux logo in the upper right but I dont view nothing other or shell. WHY?

I connect Board to my pc and i lunch minicom but i need login name and password!

Which is password and login name?

0 项奖励
回复

2,316 次查看
enaud
Contributor III

it work, i put MMC on IMX53, connect LCD on VGA output and keyboard on usb.

On screen i view Linux logo in the upper right but I dont view nothing other or shell. WHY?

I connect Board to my pc and i lunch minicom but i need login name and password!

Which is password and login name?

0 项奖励
回复

2,315 次查看
StevieRG
Contributor II

Well I see a few layout differences like removed newlines and spaces, but anyway I've attached the original script file, see if this is any better for you.

enaud said:

edit with file correct

you can attach correct file?, probabily an error with copy/paste..

0 项奖励
回复

2,313 次查看
enaud
Contributor III

edit with file correct

you can attach correct file?, probabily an error with copy/paste..

0 项奖励
回复

2,315 次查看
StevieRG
Contributor II

Please attach to a post a copy of your actual script file. You have a syntax error at line 99 but we need to see your actual script to know what is on (and around) line 99 – for example if you edited the original it might not have the same contents or have a copy/paste error.

enaud said:

Hi, i have used script of Steve G but i have this error:

giuseppe@giuseppe-K53SV:~/imx53/11.09.01/L2.6.35_11.09.01_ER_source/nuovo/ltib$ sh enaud_script.sh
Path to LTIB: /home/giuseppe/imx53/11.09.01/L2.6.35_11.09.01_ER_source/nuovo/ltib
enaud_script.sh: riga 99: errore di sintassi: EOF non atteso

0 项奖励
回复

2,314 次查看
enaud
Contributor III

Hi, i have used script of Steve G but i have this error:

giuseppe@giuseppe-K53SV:~/imx53/11.09.01/L2.6.35_11.09.01_ER_source/nuovo/ltib$ sh enaud_script.sh
Path to LTIB: /home/giuseppe/imx53/11.09.01/L2.6.35_11.09.01_ER_source/nuovo/ltib
enaud_script.sh: riga 99: errore di sintassi: EOF non atteso

0 项奖励
回复

2,314 次查看
snirnisim
Contributor III

well that's actually a solved disscusion with a lot of information that i'm sure will help a lot of people. i will start a new one wth my new question.

0 项奖励
回复

2,314 次查看
snirnisim
Contributor III

well, now next thing i need to solve is that o'm not having a fully functional terminal in vga... actually i'm not having nothing in vga, just in hyperterminal (with usb to serial).

my enviromnet looks like that:

MX53-LOCO U-Boot > printenv primaryrt clock    : mxc_

bootdelay=3beo stop au

baudrate=115200river module lo

loadaddr=0x70800000oot:  3 i.MXC CPU

netdev=eth0verHzt_comp

ethprime=FEC0e c DVFS PER

uboot=u-boot.binedz o stop auto

nfsroot=/opt/eldk/armersion 2.2. (NAND) ©

ethact=FEC0d Hat, Inc.

serverip=10.0.0.138333333Hz constraint

ipaddr=10.0.0.105 has been set to

kernel=uImaget:  3 key to

boot_mmc=run bootargs_base bootargs_mmc; mmc dev 0; mmc read ${loadaddr} 0x800 0 loaded.05:46 UTC (346)nd Buffe e io scheduler noop registered                  x1800;bootm          

vga=video=mxcdi1fb:GBR24,VGA-XGA di1_primary tveeady disabled 9f-HID v1.11 Mouse [Logitech USB O

hdmi=video=mxcdi0fb:RGB24,1024x768M@60ady uninitialized 9 got MAC address fr bootargs_nfs=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/nfs ip=dhcp nfsroot=${serveri p}:${nfsroot},v3,tcp

bootcmd_net=run bootargs_base bootargs_nfs; tftpboot ${loadaddr} ${kernel}; boot m

bootargs_mmc=set bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootwait

bootcmd_mmc=run bootargs_base bootargs_mmc; mmc dev 0; mmc read ${loadaddr} 0x80 0 0x1800; bootm

bootcmd=run bootcmd_mmc

stdin=serial

stdout=serial

stderr=serial

Environment size: 1086/8188 bytes

how can i modified it to have ethernet and a fully functional terminal in the vga that i can use with a usb keyboard?

thank you all.

0 项奖励
回复

2,314 次查看
snirnisim
Contributor III

well i reinstalled ltib and ran ./ltib

then configured everything as default with no cahnges at all just LOCO an u-boot. and got the above picture again.

restart the PC and then ran:

./ltib -m prep -p u-boot -succesfully.

./ltib m scbuild p u-boot -some how sucessfully.... what cahnged?!?!?

./ltib m scdeploy p u-boot -sucessfully.

now i'm running the script posted by SteveG in the first page to flush uboot uimage and filesystem to uSD.

the script fails at the end saying:"cp: cannot stat 'directfbrc': no such file or directory and then rmdir: failed to remove 'sdcard': device or resource busy and then i got the terminal back.

i jest ran the last commands in the script manually: sudo umount sdcard, rmdir sdcard, sync&&sync and then move the uSD to the QSB.

now i'm setting enviroment as SteveG suggested (without network i will change it later if it will work...).

and finally freescale login: root

root@freescale ~$

thanks god!

now i want to say thanks for every one who helped in this disscusion to solve that program.

0 项奖励
回复

2,314 次查看
snirnisim
Contributor III

ok so i've started the all process from the begining and this are the steps: after creating linux host with ltib from freescale and all required libraries ran ./ltib and then:

1) choosing minimum bootable filesystem.

2) choosing im'x LOCO and u-boot

4)save configuration

5)ltib creates ltib/rpm/BUILD/linux-2.6.35.3 lib and ltib/rootfs/ var,tmp,boot folders, u-boot.bin created.

6)ltib creates ltib/rpm/BUILD/linux lib with a link arrow on the folder icon

7)kernel configuration: no change save config and exit.

8) now i got "failed building kernel-2.6.35" error...

9)i've deleted the dirs in rpm/BUILD folder and the rootfs in ltib dir and then ran ccache -C and then tried again ./ltib after that didn't solved the problem of the kernel builde i've deleted the dirs in rpm/BUILD folder and the rootfs in ltib dir again and then:

./ltib -m prep -p u-boot - successfully

./ltib m scbuild p u-boot -> applys all ENGR's finished and then counting objects...,done. then writing objects and then lots of CC and LD AS lines which ends making a strange error to the screen actually freezed and got pixels disorder... now i reebot the PC and then ran cd ltib and then ./ltib m scbuild p u-boot again. and then again the problem of the kernel build.

again i tried deleting the files and reboot the PC :

./ltib -m prep -p u-boot - successfully

./ltib m scbuild p u-boot -> then again while doing CC or LD for sound/... i got the same screen pixels error which looks like the PC is stuck second time same problem. you can see the attached picture...

357-_1_1.JPG

i thought that might return to normal if i will wait enough but after 2 hours i gave up and reboot again...

no i just ran :

./ltib m scbuild p u-boot

and again kernel failed to build... so now o'm facing a new problem... can't build the kernel... all bad think must haapen before it wiil success right?

trying to fix this problem maybe there is a deeper problem with my files... starting with the kernel and not the filesystem... no i'm totally lost...

0 项奖励
回复

2,314 次查看
snirnisim
Contributor III

that's the way the system sohuld be. for a system looks like the one in the original sd you need to compile gnome packages.

i hope i'll get there soon...

and please if you have any further questions post another discussion for it so other people won't confused with the main purpse of this one. thank you.

Mario Medina Arzate said:

The script provided by Steve G. worked for me too. Thanks very much!!

I have one question though. When kernel boots up the file system, i'm not able to login with "lucid" user. Also, Im just able to see "tux" on the screen, but no X system loads.

This is the prompt that I get:

starting pid 2213, tty '': '/sbin/getty -L ttymxc0 115200 vt100                                                              
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc (4.4.4_09.06.2010) 4.4.4                                                                          
root filesystem built on Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:38:22 -0600                                                                     
Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.                                                                                                

freescale login: root                                                                                                    
root@freescale ~$ 

Is this the way the system shall be? I was expecting to have a similar system as in the SD card that comes with the iMX53 Start board.

Thanks

0 项奖励
回复

2,314 次查看
snirnisim
Contributor III

o.k i will tkae your advise and try that after trying the all process from the begining, i think it's a good one...

i will post here all the steps i did in the all process and maybe that will help point on the problem...

thank you very much. 
Steve G said:

Some time ago on a different project with a different processor we used to get kernel panic at the end of boot when there was no linux filesys present. U-boot seems to do it’s job of loading the kernel. The kernel seems to do it’s job of getting as far as trying to start the linux filesys. Snir’s filesys has vital directories that contain nothing. In my opinion this seems more likely a filesys problem. I know you have reasons for not wanting to do my suggestion, but only as an experiment, you could copy the filesys from the shipped SD to your own SD – just an experiment! Then you might be able to tell if the problem is with the filesys you generated.

0 项奖励
回复

2,314 次查看
MarioMedinaArza
Contributor I

The script provided by Steve G. worked for me too. Thanks very much!!

I have one question though. When kernel boots up the file system, i'm not able to login with "lucid" user. Also, Im just able to see "tux" on the screen, but no X system loads.

This is the prompt that I get:

starting pid 2213, tty '': '/sbin/getty -L ttymxc0 115200 vt100                                                              
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc (4.4.4_09.06.2010) 4.4.4                                                                          
root filesystem built on Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:38:22 -0600                                                                     
Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.                                                                                                

freescale login: root                                                                                                    
root@freescale ~$ 

Is this the way the system shall be? I was expecting to have a similar system as in the SD card that comes with the iMX53 Start board.

Thanks

0 项奖励
回复

2,314 次查看
StevieRG
Contributor II

Some time ago on a different project with a different processor we used to get kernel panic at the end of boot when there was no linux filesys present. U-boot seems to do it’s job of loading the kernel. The kernel seems to do it’s job of getting as far as trying to start the linux filesys. Snir’s filesys has vital directories that contain nothing. In my opinion this seems more likely a filesys problem. I know you have reasons for not wanting to do my suggestion, but only as an experiment, you could copy the filesys from the shipped SD to your own SD – just an experiment! Then you might be able to tell if the problem is with the filesys you generated.

0 项奖励
回复