To add yocto wic.bmap & wic.bz2 image support instead of .sdcard format in I.MX yocto

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To add yocto wic.bmap & wic.bz2 image support instead of .sdcard format in I.MX yocto

srini_shanmugam
Contributor II

Dear I.MX Community experts,

I need to add wic.bmap & wic.bz2 and when I tried to include as below:

IMAGE_FSTYPES = "tar.bz2 ext4 wic.gz wic.bz2 wic.map sdcard.bz2" in "imx/meta-sdk/conf/distro/include/fsl-imx-base.inc"  I get the below error, I have attached the log file for your reference to

Error:

====

ERROR: core-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_image_wic: No kickstart files from WKS_FILES were found: core-image-minimal.imx8mmevk.wks core-image-minimal.wks. Please set WKS_FILE or WKS_FILES appropriately.
ERROR: core-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_image_wic: Function failed: do_image_wic (log file is located at /home/srinishanmugam/custom_NXP_Tue9_homework/build_core-image-minimal/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_image_wic.17119)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/srinishanmugam/custom_NXP_Tue9_homework/build_core-image-minimal/tmp/work/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_image_wic.17119
ERROR: Task (/home/srinishanmugam/custom_NXP_Tue9_homework/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal.bb:do_image_wic) failed with exit code '1'

Could you please help me how this support can be added?

Kindly do the needful,

Many Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
5 Replies

jdavid75_presonus
Contributor I

Any news on this?  I have the same problem.  It seems to be that the custom .wks.in file is not on the search path, but I don't know how/where to add it...

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Srinivasan Shanmugam,

There is a patch in the works for adding the WKS files to the i.MX8M EVK to the Community BSP. I believe it should be ready soon.

Regards,

0 Kudos

gonewithwind-peter
Senior Contributor I

Hi 

@gusarambula 

@Bio_TICFSL 

I am playing rauc and need to modify wks file to add additional partition for rootfs on sdcard.

I  add the IMAGE_FSTYPES = "tar.bz2 ext4 wic.gz wic.bz2 wic.map sdcard.bz2" in "imx/meta-sdk/conf/distro/include/fsl-imx-base.inc"  I get the similar  error (someone posted : https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/Error-when-building-Yocto-Sumo-with-Bitbake/m-p/879773  No IMAGE_CMD   

/home/yocto/yocto/source/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/dynamic-layers/qt5-layer/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-qt5.bb: No IMAGE_CMD defined for IMAGE_FSTYPES entry 'wic.map' - possibly invalid type name or missing support class
ERROR: /home/yocto/yocto/source/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/dynamic-layers/qt5-layer/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx.bb: No IMAGE_CMD defined for IMAGE_FSTYPES entry 'wic.map' - possibly invalid type name or missing support class
ERROR: /home/yocto/yocto/source/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-validation-imx.bb: No IMAGE_CMD defined for IMAGE_FSTYPES entry 'wic.map' - possibly invalid type name or missing support class
ERROR: /home/yocto/yocto/source/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-gui.bb: No IMAGE_CMD defined for IMAGE_FSTYPES entry 'wic.map' - possibly invalid type name or missing support class

I am using  yocto sumo, L4.14.98-2.0.0_ga

you mentioned that "

There is a patch in the works for adding the WKS files to the i.MX8M EVK to the Community BSP. I believe it should be ready soon.

"

---

where is the patch? and how to fix , thank you.

I posted my all rauc issue at here: 

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/how-to-write-WKS-file-for-rauc-in-imx8mq-maaxboard-what...

0 Kudos

manizillion
Contributor IV

Hi Gusarambula,

Can you share some information regarding this patch, if its ready by now. please share the link.

Regards

Mani

0 Kudos

manizillion
Contributor IV

Hi Gusarambula,

How to fix this issue ? , please let me know as i am facing the same error.   .. ?

Initialising tasks: 100% |######################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:03
Sstate summary: Wanted 216 Found 206 Missed 10 Current 1497 (95% match, 99% complete)
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
ERROR: agl-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_image_wic: No kickstart files from WKS_FILES were found: agl-image-minimal.imx8mqevk.wks agl-image-minimal.wks. Please set WKS_FILE or WKS_FILES appropriately.
ERROR: agl-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_image_wic: Function failed: do_image_wic (log file is located at /home/imx8/workspace_agl/build/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-agl-linux/agl-image-minimal/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_image_wic.9113)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/imx8/workspace_agl/build/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-agl-linux/agl-image-minimal/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_image_wic.9113
ERROR: Task (/home/imx8/workspace_agl/meta-agl/meta-agl-profile-core/recipes-platform/images/agl-image-minimal.bb:do_image_wic) failed with exit code '1'

0 Kudos