cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timestamping Rising Edge Using Timer/PWM Module with iMX93

yaen
Contributor I

Dear NXP Support Team,

I am currently working on a project that involves synchronizing two sensors connected to the iMX93 processor. As part of this design, I need to capture the timestamp of a rising edge on one of the system-on-modules (SoM) inputs. It is crucial to perform this timestamping in hardware to avoid potential delays introduced by software-based solutions.

Upon reviewing Chapter 67 of NXP's iMX93 Reference Manual (IMX93RM), I noted that the Timer/PWM module is capable of performing input capture, which seems to align with my requirements. I would greatly appreciate your assistance in understanding how to utilize the Timer/PWM Module to timestamp a rising edge on the iMX93 Evaluation Kit. Specifically, if there are any application notes, reference implementations, demo code, relevant kernel module code, documentation, or tutorials available for using the Timer/PWM module, it would be immensely valuable to my current development efforts.

Thank you for your attention to this request, and I look forward to your assistance.

Sincerely,YE

0 Kudos
1 Reply

JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products,

Actually, TPM is a HW unit that has the input capture mode which is used in high precision time record and there is an example that can get you started with the module under Cortex-M SDK.

Please build the i.MX 93 SDK.

The example is under SDK_2_14_2_MCIMX93-EVK.zip\boards\mcimx93evk\driver_examples\tpm\input_capture.

Regards

0 Kudos