cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TFTP and NFS are very slow

ArtyomKamshilin
Contributor II

Hi all,

I followed instructions on booting my IMX28EVK board over TFTP/NFS from my Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit host... and it works ~50% of the time. TFTP boot takes 1-2 seconds to initialize, and mounting root FS over NFS fails about 30% of the time. Simply resetting the board would work sometimes. I tried connecting the board directly to my development host - same thing, so network should not be the issue.

When it fails, it says:

Root-NFS: Unable to get nfsd port number from server, using default

I made sure nfs-kernel-server and portmap are running OK. The puzzling part is that works sometimes, and then fails at other times. Any ideas?

Arty

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ArtyomKamshilin
Contributor II

Bill, this is interesting.. the delay on my board is at the time when root FS is about to get mounted, so that ifconfig located in the init.d would not be the one to delay things. Wasn't that your case?

0 Kudos

blsousan
Contributor III

I corrected my problem simply by commenting out the redundant ifconfig in the /etc/rc.d/init.d/network   I noticed that when it calls this it already has run ifconfig previously in order to do the initial mount of rootfs.

Bill
s

0 Kudos

blsousan
Contributor III

I also have the same problem.  My board takes ~ 20 minutes to nfs mount the root file system.

Bills

0 Kudos