cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Yocto Source to Local git repo

kailas_kharse
Contributor IV

Hello Team,

I am new to Yocto, I have synced the code for i.mx8DualXplus, But I want to push the Yocto Source code to Local git repository which is maintained by my office on local GitLab server.
I have created the repository and I am trying to push the downloaded code to the local GitLab server.

> I am facing the issue that all the sub-projects in the source directory are not getting pushed to local git.

> I have tried to delete the .gitignore file from all the sub-projects then I was able to push the code but all the sub-projects lost this git history. i.e (.git folder from sub-projects is not pushed to the repository).

Here Sub-Projects refers to base, meta-Freescale, meta-imx etc...

Can You please guide me on how I can do this?

Thanks,

Kailas K.

Tags (2)
3 Replies

kailas_kharse
Contributor IV

Hello Gusarambula,

Do we have any alternate way to manage the yocto source internally within the organization?

Thanks & Regards,

Kailas K.

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kailas K.,

Ideally you would have the same git structure, which would require independent commits for each layer. However, you could also flatten all layers of your BSP to one layer and use it on a single repository. It’s not an elegant alternative as it would make it les modular, but some customers prefer handing just one layer.

$ bitbake-layers flatten

Regards,

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kailas K.,

It could be that the reason why the submodules are not syncing is that they are git repositories within the repository. That’s why repo is used, since there are multiple gits and commits to be maintained.

I have not much experience on this but maybe the following document from a git user (outside our Communitied) may help.

http://a.ghuser.io/git-pushing-a-new-submodule/

I hope this helps!

Regards,