cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software ISP i.MX.6 bayer -> YUV

suyouxin
Contributor II

Hello,

I am looking for a software ISP solution to convert bayer camera sensor format to YVU on i.MX.6Q.

I've read through other discussions about the fact that IPU doesn't support convert bayer to YUV on-the-fly.

I've came across a application note from the soon to be released i.MX.8 platform, which talked about a software ISP implementation which uses OpenCL. https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12060.pdf 

Since it's OpenCL, I would expect it will work on i.MX.6Q(i.MX.6 does support OpenCL 1.1EP) as well. 

Would be much appreciate if you guys can provide source code of that application note? 

Regards,

Youxin

Labels (2)
4 Replies

marcomadrigal
Contributor III

Hi,

You can check this GStreamer-based bayer interpolation plugin for i.MX6. It uses the GPU for acceleration.

GStreamer OpenCL Bayer to RGB converter - RidgeRun Developer Connection 

Best Regards,

-Marco

http://www.ridgerun.com

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Youxin,

Document have information about Opencl and OpenVX, that is supported by i.MX8.

There is no i.MX8 for graphics yet, however you can download the GPU utilities for MX6Q: 

IMX6_L4.1.15_2.0.0_GPU_TOOL 

0 Kudos

suyouxin
Contributor II

Hi

Thanks for your reply. However, I don't think that answered my question. 

What I'd like to have is the source code of the opencl backed project described in that application code. I understand that is tested only on i.MX8 platform. I'd like to test it on i.MX6 as there is a good chance that it may work on i.MX6 GPU as well.

Thanks,

Youxin

0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

you probably found it by now, but for future reference: gtec-demo-framework/DemoApps/OpenCL/SoftISP at master · NXPmicro/gtec-demo-framework · GitHub

Vladan

0 Kudos