cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen refresh timing

Jump to solution
Kazuma_Sasaki
Senior Contributor I

From i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite Applications Processor Reference Manual, Rev. 4, 07/2018

38.1.2.1.6.1 Screen Refresh
The refresh rate may vary within a predefined range. Within this range, the rate is
dynamically adjusted to the content update rate.

Reference manual mentioned that IPU will change display's refresh rate dynamically.

Let me confirm two things with you.

Q1. What is meaning of above description? I suppose if DMFC has not updated every frame, refresh rate will be down. is it right?

Q2. How do I know current refresh rate? does any register indicate us the current refresh rate?

Best Regards,

Kazuma Sasaki.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kazuma Sasaki,

My apologies for the delay.

I was reviewing the screen refresh characteristics and (Q1) the refresh rate is adjusted according to the HSYNC, VSYNC and pixel clock, which determines the resolution of the frame. It is not dependent on the content itself (unlike a decoder, for example, that optimizes compression depending on how much the content changes from frame to frame).

As for how to know the current refresh rate (Q2) there is not a register that has the refresh rate although you could calculate it from the display parameters.

I hope this information helps!

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kazuma Sasaki,

My apologies for the delay.

I was reviewing the screen refresh characteristics and (Q1) the refresh rate is adjusted according to the HSYNC, VSYNC and pixel clock, which determines the resolution of the frame. It is not dependent on the content itself (unlike a decoder, for example, that optimizes compression depending on how much the content changes from frame to frame).

As for how to know the current refresh rate (Q2) there is not a register that has the refresh rate although you could calculate it from the display parameters.

I hope this information helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos
Kazuma_Sasaki
Senior Contributor I

Hello gusarambula,

Okay, I got it. I appreciate your support.

Best Regards,

Kazuma Sasaki.

0 Kudos